Will Roby be back next year?

ZAYWHAT!

I love Roby, and i hope a quality team falls in love with him during individual workouts.

My biggest beef with Roby was missing the first shot of a bunch of critical  1n1s. He missed a one and one against ohio state last year(2017-18) that would have tied the game. If we won that game we would have made the tourney. Also the @Maryland game this year... And 2 others i can think of but who cares. 

2 minutes ago, BmoreRed said:

I love Roby, and i hope a quality team falls in love with him during individual workouts.

My biggest beef with Roby was missing the first shot of a bunch of critical  1n1s. He missed a one and one against ohio state last year(2017-18) that would have tied the game. If we won that game we would have made the tourney. Also the @Maryland game this year... And 2 others i can think of but who cares. 

Roby has always been a dude about "potential" which is what the NBA salivates about. We'll have to wait & see where Isaiah winds up. And it could be a perfect fit, all things considered, concentrating on hoops all the time.

Edited by AuroranHusker

28 minutes ago, LK1 said:

He tested fantastic physically, to no ones surprise.  Top 5 in some major indicators of athletic talent.  With his strong finish today, I think he’s getting drafted for sure, and I couldn’t be happier for him.  

has roby done testing yet? his measurements were solid, but nothing groundbreaking. i would guess he gets picked around 40.

khyri thomas got picked 38 and got a 3 year guaranteed deal, so i'm guessing roby will get something similar.

Edited by FredsSlacks

25 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

has roby done testing yet? his measurements were solid, but nothing groundbreaking. i would guess he gets picked around 40.

khyri thomas got picked 38 and got a 3 year guaranteed deal, so i'm guessing roby will get something similar.

Yep he tested really well in several categories—great agility and vertical jump scores. Top 5 among bigs.  

2 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

I love that they still appear to be friends, and I would love to see Timmy back at Nebraska in some capacity in the future.

That will probably happen when Fred moves on to his next stop in a few years... and we go out and hire recently fired NBA coach (and former conference foe) John Beilein to replace him.

4 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Roby has always been a dude about "potential" which is what the NBA salivates about. We'll have to wait & see where Isaiah winds up. And it could be a perfect fit, all things considered, concentrating on hoops all the time.

Keep in mind that "a dude" to our talent starved eyes is not necessarily an NBA "dude."

4 hours ago, FredsSlacks said:

He got a two year guaranteed deal that is backloaded a bit.  If he doesn't get the third year option picked up he comes away with 2.2 million over the two years.  This is a good deal for the second round.  This is the type of deal Roby should need or he ought to come back IMO to have a shot to secure such deal.  

"Roby told reporters that he has met with Houston (no draft picks), Miami (13), Phoenix (6, 32), Toronto (59) and Golden State (28, 58) at the combine."

If I was a betting man and if no other teams contact him.  He is going to be picked 28th to Phoenix or 32nd to Golden State

I'm hoping for SA because Pop and that organization does so well with making players better.

I don't want him to be like so many others where they get drafted and don't do much more than carry the bags and make food runs for the stars, then bounce around the league and "play" like 4 years then are done.

42 minutes ago, big red22 said:

"Roby told reporters that he has met with Houston (no draft picks), Miami (13), Phoenix (6, 32), Toronto (59) and Golden State (28, 58) at the combine."

If I was a betting man and if no other teams contact him.  He is going to be picked 28th to Phoenix or 32nd to Golden State

Lot of smoke about the Bucks at 30.

I wonder if any team is willing to guarantee a place on the NBA roster.  Listening to the Isaiah verbiage, he seems to hint that if he is being told that he will spend a year in the G-league, he may not be interested.  Perhaps I am misinterpreting the comments, then again, perhaps not.

From the Journal Star:

Roby, who averaged 11.8 points and 6.9 rebounds as a Nebraska junior, said Hoiberg has been invaluable to lean on.

“He knows how this process works,” Roby said. “Me and Coach Hoiberg have a really good relationship.I was in Lincoln for two weeks working out with him before I came out to Chicago to start training. We got in the gym a lot, we got some shots up, got some work in.”