Will Roby be back next year?

ZAYWHAT!

15 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well, except that it drags recruiting and completing the roster out until it's time to leave for Italy or wherever.

But, yeah, that's a relatively small problem.

We're leaving for Italy in August. We will know about the status of Roby by May 29th.

Also this is probably the best timeline I found about the draft deadlines

@hhcmatt and @uneblinstu I was being a little tongue-in-cheek there, finding something to complain about that, as uneblinstu said, was basically good news.

However, there is a minor point to what I said.  I think uneblinstu said a player invited to the combine no longer has to worry about pulling out of the draft by May 29.  He can come back if he's not drafted. Which is excellent for him.  Draft is late June after the NBA Finals.  I think we get to start practicing, or at least team workouts start, for our overseas trip at the end of June as well.

And from a purely selfish perspective, I want to know what our roster is going to look like NOW! I don't wanna wait.  It's like it's 6:00 p.m. on December 24th and I'm going to bed NOW in hopes that it gets Santa here a little faster.

Well it looks to me like they are already working on getting his replacement.

Hoiberg has to know and talked too people in the nba and asked around for opinions on him or something

I would think anyway.

I know if I were him and had those connections I would.

Just so i could use it to try and get him to stay or hell even tell him he should go and move on with my recruiting. Which it appears to me they have already.

I'm assuming he's probably spoke with Robys agent.

If it is indeed Priority like twitter says I know( well Google knows?) they have had a few players that have played for Hoiberg with the bulls soooo I would assume they have good relationships or atleast some kind of professional one already.

Robys stock is secretly high amongst nba people I guess.

He reminds me of the Kuzma pick.

Not really many people knew about Kuzma and I assume whatever college he went to their teams  huskerhoopscentral talk site were probably saying the same things about Kuzma that are being said on here about Roby.

Then Kuzma got the invite 

Oh yea guess what agency Kuzma is signed with? 

0429191103a-1.jpg

Edited by Gmaw

Roby has everything the NBA scouts look for: potential, athleticism, length.

They really don't care how productive of a basketball player you are. You see these European 18 year olds who average 8 ppg get drafted because they have the above 3. Not saying Roby wasn't a productive player, but he wasn't an All-Big 10 player and didn't get honorable mention either. Yet I've 100% accepted he isn't coming back since the day the season ended because of his potential, athleticism and length.

Early 2nd round pick IMO with late 1st potential if he has an incredible combine.

Edited by GoBigFred

4 minutes ago, Gmaw said:

Well it looks to me like they are already working on getting his replacement.

Hoiberg has to know and talked too people in the nba and asked around for opinions on him or something

I would think anyway.

I know if I were him and had those connections I would.

Just so i could use it to try and get him to stay or hell even tell him he should go and move on with my recruiting. Which it appears to me they have already.

I'm assuming he's probably spoke with Robys agent.

If it is indeed Priority like twitter says I know( well Google knows?) they have had a few players that have played for Hoiberg with the bulls soooo I would assume they have good relationships or atleast some kind of professional one already.

Robys stock is secretly high amongst nba people I guess.

He reminds me of the Kuzma pick.

Not really many people knew about Kuzma and I assume whatever college he went to their teams  huskerhoopscentral talk site were probably saying the same things about Kuzma that are being said on here about Roby.

Then Kuzma got the invite 

Oh yea guess what agency Kuzma is signed with? 

0429191103a-1.jpg

that agency also has 

Zach Collins

Bobby portis

Michael porter Jr

Doug McDermott 

Sam dekker 

Chandler Hutchinson 

Tyler Lydon

Larry Nance Jr.

Kevin Huerter 

Jake Layman

Derrick Walton

Just to name a few 

They have more

most if not all of these guys are on a team and contributing.

Idk

im no expert but these guys (priority) have been doing this a lonnnng time and definitely know more than me or probably any of us on the nba draft process or at evaluating talent lol. So I'm standing by it 

Roby will be a 1st round pick 

If not he will be guaranteed a contract by a team and he will contribute too that team. 

Another reason Roby will stay in the draft, the NBADraft.net mock draft right now projects 1 senior going in the 1st Round (#29). Last year 2 seniors went in the 1st Round (#21, #22). In 2017, 2 seniors went (#29, #30). The trend is that the NBA wants young players with more time on their playing clock. 

Sooo I talked to a buddy in chicago and I am actually watching priority sports signees workout and train.

Watching schofield from Tennessee shoot 3's at the moment.

1on 1 drill Roby Happ Fernando and Clark

Fernando swears 

A lot ?

And no 1s really missing 

Roby just drained a deep 3 in fernados face 

Happ 2 

Edited by Gmaw