Will Roby be back next year?

ZAYWHAT!

I’d rather see him polish that “Worthy-like” spin move hear in Lincoln than be buried on the bench with some scrub team like Orlando. Plus, he could certainly be “the Man” on this squad with a lot of outside shooters to free him up. Either way, it’s not IF but WHEN he’ll be stacking Benjamin’s as the kids say...

Edited by Handy Johnson

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

He’s still projected as a mid to late 2nd Rounder. Is that good enough? We’ll found out soon enough... Was still shocked Stanley Morgan wasn’t drafted, maybe he wasn’t fast enuff to separate in the NFL. At least the sellout streaks still safe as long as Frost’s in town.

Seriously. I'm in section 608 and of the 262 seats in that section, 262 were renewed according to Seat Yourself. Crazy

12 hours ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

I would add 2% to that probability.  Everytning from how we are recruiting, what Roby is doing and saying, to how the coaches have responded to the situation clearly shows (at least to me, anyway) that Roby is not coming back.

It appears to me that there are fans who want him to return (because it helps Nebraska more than it helps Roby) that are trying to find reasons for him to come back.

Is Roby a bit raw for the NBA?  Most likely.  But most players are.

Could Roby benefit from a year under Hoiberg?  Probably.  But with Copeland's injury clearly in Roby's mind, why risk it?

For me, I am glad that his is pursuing the opportunity in front of him.

Don't know how you can speak so confidently without having any idea of what type of verbal guarantee he gets locked up.  If he doesn't get one and goes late 2nd or undrafted with no decent financial guarantee, it absolutely makes more sense for him to come back.  A first round contract, which is certainly in his range of outcomes if he comes back, is a two year guaranteed deal worth a lot of money.  Plus he develops the connection with the well connected Hoiberg and develops his shot.  

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I am just one of those shitty fans with my own interests only in mind.  

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

He’s still projected as a mid to late 2nd Rounder. Is that good enough? We’ll found out soon enough... Was still shocked Stanley Morgan wasn’t drafted, maybe he wasn’t fast enuff to separate in the NFL. At least the sellout streaks still safe as long as Frost’s in town.

All should depend on if he gets a verbal guaranteed two year deal or not if I were advising him.  

I saw on twitter somewhere that he signed with Zach something or other from priority sports. I Can not find it for the life of me again now though.

Also he has workouts with nba teams scheduled already idk who but at least 2 teams in the playoffs right now and a few others I guess.

9 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Combine invitees can return to school if they don't get drafted, right?

Yes that is correct, which my post prior probably led people to believe this isn’t the case.   You can even have an agent that meets some ncaa criteria.  You take the option to come back to school you just terminate the relationship.  

8 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Yes that is correct, which my post prior probably led people to believe this isn’t the case.   You can even have an agent that meets some ncaa criteria.  You take the option to come back to school you just terminate the relationship.  

Then this is the best case scenario for everybody.

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well, except that it drags recruiting and completing the roster out until it's time to leave for Italy or wherever.

But, yeah, that's a relatively small problem.

I get that. But it allows Roby to go through the entire process without having to make a stressful, premature decision. And if he does get drafted, that means someone from NU got drafted, which is good for the program and if he doesn't we get a great player back, which is also good for the program. I'm good with living in that limbo until he gets it all figured out.