Will Roby be back next year?

ZAYWHAT!

2 hours ago, ZAYWHAT! said:

I think he has another semester before he can graduate.    

Also here is a link that tells what kind of money is out there for second rounders in the NBA.      This kind of money is hard to pass up.   You never know when you will tear your ACL (Copeland).

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/10/recap-of-2018-nba-draft-pick-signings.html

He did have a phenomenal last home game at PBA .   Too bad his likely  last game as a husker last night was not like last weeks home game.  

Man, I hope you're wrong. Roby could potentially be a top 15 pick next year, if he continues his assault in a B1G way. He has the chops to be The Man, and Big Ten honors galore along the way, we'll have to wait & see what happens here in the near term. GBR !!!

27 minutes ago, thattimeofyearchanges said:

I don't know why but I feel like he will get too the nba and have us all saying
He Definetly "KNOWS" now lol
Or why didn't he score like that at nebraska

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Yeah, some dudes are restrained by the college game. That mindset wouldn't surprise me at all... Roby has the vertical athleticism to be a factor down the line.

Edited by AuroranHusker

Roby entering his name was expected. The no hiring of an agent is a good sign. A lot will depend what kind of feedback he gets from the combine. If he gets a 1st Rd guarantee I don't see him coming back. 

Will be something to monitor closely. I expect Hoiberg will preach how he fits in perfectly to what his system wants from a 4. 

On 3/28/2019 at 9:33 AM, thattimeofyearchanges said:

I don't know why but I feel like he will get too the nba and have us all saying
He Definetly "KNOWS" now lol
Or why didn't he score like that at nebraska

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

I called it when he was a junior in high school. I said potential lottery pick.  You all can go back and check his recruiting thread.  If he's a first round pick, he SHOULD leave.  He'd be nuts to come back.  Go make some bank in the NBA, finish your degree on your time, and when it's time to hang the sneakers up, go be a coach or a color guy on ESPN.  And, Isaiah, it was very nice to have known you and you'll always hold a special place in Husker hoops history.

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I called it when he was a junior in high school. I said potential lottery pick.  You all can go back and check his recruiting thread.  If he's a first round pick, he SHOULD leave.  He'd be nuts to come back.  Go make some bank in the NBA, finish your degree on your time, and when it's time to hang the sneakers up, go be a coach or a color guy on ESPN.  And, Isaiah, it was very nice to have known you and you'll always hold a special place in Husker hoops history.

One of the great things Nebraska has done for years is take care of their former athletes if they want to finish their degree.

1 minute ago, DOATHLON said:

If he's a first rounder he should go. If he's an early second rounder I would take out the insurance policy and come back. IF he comes back, Burke stays, Allen stays, Green comes AND Hoiberg adds a center transfer than you might have a better deeper team than you saw this year. 

Can I have some of what you are... drinking?

28 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I'm not sure what he will do but why do people think he will base his decision on draft projections and not the actual draft?

Because if he stays in the draft and goes late second round, he doesn’t get a guaranteed contract and can’t come back. 

...at least that’s the way I understand it.