2019 Emmanuel Ugboh C -> Tulsa

hhcmatt

This is a portion of his bio after his initial season at Iowa Western:

The 6'11 Nigerian's freshman campaign was a very productive one. Ugboh started in all 32 games of the 2017-18 season; averaging 6.2 ppg, shooting a team high 62.8% from the floor, and was second on the team in rebounding at 6.0 rpg for a Reiver team that had 7 players move on to compete at the NCAA D1 or D2 level this upcoming fall. Manny's efforts earned him NJCAA All-Region XI honors, and an invite to the elite 2018 Jerry Mullen's "Juco Top 100" camp this summer.

Emmanuel Ugboh
Emmanuel Ugboh
Height: 6'11
Weight: 244 lbs
Year: Freshman
Hometown: Lagos, Nigeria
High School: Quality Education
Position: Center

As I scrolled down he shrunk from 7ft to 6'10", but I really do not care if they can do certain things and the length is there. 

First off - in a couple of those highlight videos - he is playing against some absolutely miserable competition. So very difficult to judge. 

However, I saw some things I liked which I think work regardless of competition:

1. Lefty baby hook looked solid.

2. Loved how he seemed to have a great feel for how and when to seal - and he does a nice job of slamming his butt/hips into others.

3. Seemed to have quality hands (catching multiple types of passes)

4. Loved a couple of his dribble into spin moves. Vicious spin. 
5. Seemed to have good, athletic feet on rolls and moving throughout the paint. 
6. Seemed lively and looked like a basketball player (things I couldn't ever say about Jordy)

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 Emmanuel Ugboh C JUCO
On 3/10/2019 at 7:25 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Gotta love the other team's shorts at 1:06 and 2:04!  The one guy on the opposite wing in the second clip looked like he had wrapped a circus tent around his waist.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:22 PM, basketballjones said:

As I scrolled down he shrunk from 7ft to 6'10", but I really do not care if they can do certain things and the length is there. 

First off - in a couple of those highlight videos - he is playing against some absolutely miserable competition. So very difficult to judge. 

However, I saw some things I liked which I think work regardless of competition:

1. Lefty baby hook looked solid.

2. Loved how he seemed to have a great feel for how and when to seal - and he does a nice job of slamming his butt/hips into others.

3. Seemed to have quality hands (catching multiple types of passes)

4. Loved a couple of his dribble into spin moves. Vicious spin. 
5. Seemed to have good, athletic feet on rolls and moving throughout the paint. 
6. Seemed lively and looked like a basketball player (things I couldn't ever say about Jordy)

I definitely noticed Nos. 2-5.

Concern would be how he would adjust to physical play from bigs in B1G.  Defenders in these clips basically did nothing but stand directly behind him as he posted up.

• 1 month later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 Emmanuel Ugboh C -> Tulsa