uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 31 - Iowa

hhcmatt

A win is nice but a win over Iowa makes it that much sweeter.

Was it just me or does that chant an Iowa fan started a couple times sound like "My life sucks"? Thought it was funny that it didn't take long for "Go Big Red" chant to drown it out. Especially when Hawkeyes were shooting free throws and they missed a couple.

The small line up seemed to work offensively as it opened up lane for drives and give those small guys credit for battling on defensive end.

1 minute ago, rr52 said:

A win is nice but a win over Iowa makes it that much sweeter.

Was it just me or does that chant an Iowa fan started a couple times sound like "My life sucks"? Thought it was funny that it didn't take long for "Go Big Red" chant to drown it out. Especially when Hawkeyes were shooting free throws and they missed a couple.

The small line up seemed to work offensively as it opened up lane for drives and give those small guys credit for battling on defensive end.

'Let's Go Hawks' = "My Life Sucks"

Sure, I'll allow it.

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The audio

I"m going to grab the "GOD OF THUNDER"

Anything else?

I noticed a nice "flopped" to describe 6'-11" 285# Garza getting "bulled over" by Johnny Trueblood on the baseline with about 2:15 game-time left in regulation.

I thought it was an appropriate way to call the play.

Edited by AuroranHusker

Don't know if this was the most satisfactory victory in my history of following NU b-ball but it was certainly the most surprising one I can remember, ranking up there with Moe Iba's team beating #1 ranked Missouri on the road. Kudos to each and every player on the team-not a quitter among them. It was a great weekend for basketball in Lincoln.

4 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Sounds easier than a 1st grade spelling bee, right? That'll just double our Quad 1 output in 2 games that took us 14 games this season to accomplish.

I like our chances better against #5 Maryland than #4 Wisconsin. The seeds would have flipped had Wisconsin lost yesterday.

This requires first beating a team in Rutgers that has us out-muscled inside and can shred our curveball 1-3-1 defense.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

I like our chances better against #5 Maryland than #4 Wisconsin. The seeds would have flipped had Wisconsin lost yesterday.

This requires first beating a team in Rutgers that has us out-muscled inside and can shred our curveball 1-3-1 defense.

I love these mixed sports metaphors. I do it all the time and I always kind of shake my head and chuckle, like, did I really just write “end zone dance” in a post about basketball?

3 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Don't know if this was the most satisfactory victory in my history of following NU b-ball but it was certainly the most surprising one I can remember, ranking up there with Moe Iba's team beating #1 ranked Missouri on the road. Kudos to each and every player on the team-not a quitter among them. It was a great weekend for basketball in Lincoln.

Wow, what a game. That's all I can muster today. Just "wow."

Edited by AuroranHusker