Baylor Scheierman 2019

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 9:38 PM, rr52 said:

Incredible shooter with unlimited range and very good court instincts. Versus Roncalli his no look pass after grabbing a rebound was great play. The Aurora offense ran through him but he could only do so much. Think his stat line was 32 points, 17 rebounds and 7 assists. 

He had 37 points. And he didn't play particularly well that night. He had several triple-doubles against worthy competition, including in the G.I. Hoops Classic late season.

Interesting tweet by Aurora's Baylor Scheierman:

If their coach leaves and they are allowed to reopen their recruitment(and want to) AND we are struggling to fill up roster if we have a lot of turnover, then I would not mind the new staff taking a closer look at him, but even more so Grill.  That kid is going to be a good one.  

Edited by royalfan

Just now, royalfan said:

If their coach leaves and they are allowed to reopen their recruitment(and want to) AND we are struggling to fill up roster if we have a lot of turnover, then I would not mind the new staff taking a closer look at him, but even more so Grille.  That kid is going to be a good one.  

Scheierman is a baller. His final game he had 37 points, 17 rebounds, and 7 assists. And it didn't even seem like he played particularly well.

Now, refresh my memory, who is this guy named Grille?

4 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Scheierman is a baller. His final game he had 37 points, 17 rebounds, and 7 assists. And it didn't even seem like he played particularly well.

Now, refresh my memory, who is this guy named Grille?

posted link.  Caleb Grill.   We recruited him.  

6 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Sorry, for us to compete at the highest level, you need dudes.  Ask yourself, are either of these guys "dudes" that will take you to the Sweet 16 and beyond?

I think you need good role players to fit in with dudes. Especially 2 guys that are this strong offensively that will be playing in an offense that would showcase their skills. Grill was offered by Texas Tech, who is in the sweet 16 again this year. So, yes...i think Grill definitely is.

12 minutes ago, Jugular said:

I think you need good role players to fit in with dudes. Especially 2 guys that are this strong offensively that will be playing in an offense that would showcase their skills. Grill was offered by Texas Tech, who is in the sweet 16 again this year. So, yes...i think Grill definitely is.

It reminds of those situations where ppl thought ET, Evan Taylor, was not "good enough" because of one thing or another. Every team needs a glue guy. Well, every team needs a 6'-6" baller who can shoot the rock, some other measurables be damned.

• 3 years later...
On 3/9/2019 at 4:06 PM, Huskerpapa said:

In my humble opinion, he is a very good high school player and he is very capable of playing well at the small college level.  I do not believe he is a high division one player.  

There's been way too many in state guys who look like projects who's careers then go on to explode somewhere else.  Maybe we should occasionally take one instead of doing whatever the hell we've been doing.

4 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

There's been way too many in state guys who look like projects who's careers then go on to explode somewhere else.  Maybe we should occasionally take one instead of doing whatever the hell we've been doing.

Kind of maddening, isn’t it?  Daum was a late bloomer but Baylor was a baller his senior year.  The natural urge is to question small class kids because of competition level I suppose but it still sucks to miss on them.

2 hours ago, nustudent said:

You mean like Heiman and Arop?

Painting with a broad brush.   There are all sorts of other examples (e.g. Tomje at CSU) who are better than some of the out of state stiffs we have brought in.  We've had plenty of Heimans and Arops from perceived exotic hoops locations all over the country.   Arop at least can play 20 minutes a game at UNO, unlike Elijah Wood.  

44 minutes ago, HB said:

Painting with a broad brush.   There are all sorts of other examples (e.g. Tomje at CSU) who are better than some of the out of state stiffs we have brought in.  We've had plenty of Heimans and Arops from perceived exotic hoops locations all over the country.   Arop at least can play 20 minutes a game at UNO, unlike Elijah Wood.  

I'm not saying we shouldn't have done better in state.   But the poster I responded too mentioned occasionally taking one.   Obviously, taking one for the sake of taking one isn't the answer.   It's been a long problem with the program.  And it's certainly not exclusive to this staff.  But taking a guy for the sake of taking one isn't the answer either.