WNIT

Bugeaters1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, Bugeaters1 said:

On 3/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, Bugeaters1 said:

Purdue turned down the WNIT.

22 hours ago, 12dozen said:

Conference sends 6 teams to the Women's Big Dance, 3 teams to the WNIT, and 1 team declines bid.   Tough conference indeed.    

Unfortunately it's a sad statement of where our team was this year. As we all are....I'm very hopeful we can change course, and with new help coming in, we'll break out next year. 

9 hours ago, redsteve said:

Unfortunately it's a sad statement of where our team was this year. As we all are....I'm very hopeful we can change course, and with new help coming in, we'll break out next year. 

If look at five of the conference losses we lost four of them by 6 pts. and 1 by a point. and the one we lost by a point, the basket should not have counted. so you it looks like the girls are right on the cusp of being a top tier team. If we win thos 5 games we are 14-4 in the league, not bad for so many youngs guns on the team

Edited by Bugeaters1

36 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

If look at five of the conference losses we lost four of them by 6 pts. and 1 by a point. and the one we lost by a point, the basket should not have counted. so you it looks like the girls are right on the cusp of being a top tier team. If we win thos 5 games we are 14-4 in the league, not bad for so many youngs guns on the team

Indeed.  And, if you look at the losses in the reg. season,  six of them are to the teams that finished in the top 4 of the conf.  A better start in a pretty tough non conf. and we end up likely in the NIT with the other three participants. 

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

My thoughts exactly Bugeaters!  For as much as we 'Overachieved' the prior season (21 wins, rebounding from 7 wins the season before that), I think we 'Underachieved' this season with 14 Wins. 

Some say we need an upgrade in talent And athleticism, But I didn't see much of a lack of either this year; Rather I saw more a lack of Experience, with all four Freshmen starting at one time or another.  (That's not to say we should turn down more talented athleticism;  that we will be getting in the incoming class of recruits :nod:)

BTW, it seems that we are in a streak of a multiple of 7 wins - What's next, 28 Wins!  :wink:

14 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

If look at five of the conference losses we lost four of them by 6 pts. and 1 by a point. and the one we lost by a point, the basket should not have counted. so you it looks like the girls are right on the cusp of being a top tier team. If we win thos 5 games we are 14-4 in the league, not bad for so many young guns on the team

Fully agree Buds...many were very closes losses.  "Close but no cigar".  But....My realistic side says......we did lose all those games.   

Must always keep in mind...we are in a rebuilding process.

Inexperience, short a defender, not so good shooting at times, turnovers, getting out rebounded, .....all typical issues when rebuilding, that add up during a game

We saw them all. 

In the many games we won...not so much.

Coach knows it... so does the team. The kids are working heart and soul. Fully invested. Great kids for sure. You can see it on the court.

Coach hinted...... she would have done some things differently in hind sight. Becoming a B1G coach has got to be  learning experience. Most of the successful coaches have 10 plus years of agony ....learning at the top levels. 

Still feel we're two years away. Improved next year probably, but more so the next when coach has all her own recruits, an some time to get the act together.  

Have tremendous faith in the process in place. We're just beginning.

I believe in small miracles... we will get there....and as proof I washed my car in the driveway yesterday. It is actually possible. There is summer coming. 

Edited by redsteve

15 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

On the flip side, we also won 3 conference games by 6 points or less.  Not a good year, not a bad year.  Seems, 9 - 9 is who we were this year.  Looking forward to the new and improved version this coming season.

Edited by 12dozen