PSU and Washington part ways...

whoopdeedoo

On 3/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, mwm89 said:

Didn't realize she had been there for 12 years.  Kind of like Pelini doing well with Callahan's recruits.  She had some really good ones.  Bo's record stayed pretty constant, hers went downward. 

at least CW wasn't a raving lunatic on the sidelines and rip her fans.? will be interesting to see (hear) who might be candidates---or, maybe we will just find out the selection when it happens. wonder if CW will take an assistant position or take another head coaching position? 

She had some good years with her own recruits a few years ago. But wasn't able to keep up the pace of recruiting quality and talented kids. ...apparently.

Times have changed.  We talk about H.S. kids now, and can watch their games on line......that didn't used to exist. 

In the last 10 years or so, there's been a big jump in the overall women's.talent level all over the US...and Europe, Australia, etc.  There's more parity...more good teams.

You see European girls on college teams in the B1G. And we'll soon have an Aussie too.

So recruiting has become a even bigger and a huge deal, like in the men's game. A coach that is a top level recruiter, and with the school backing and commitment, can develop a top level team. Sounds simple, and very hard to do.... takes time....But you see it more and more.

A teams success is more and more, dependent on recruiting (always has been but maybe to a lesser extent)...... in Penn St's case, can also be the demise.

Edited by redsteve

7 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

at least CW wasn't a raving lunatic on the sidelines and rip her fans.? will be interesting to see (hear) who might be candidates---or, maybe we will just find out the selection when it happens. wonder if CW will take an assistant position or take another head coaching position? 

Of course, not disagreeing w/ that nor was I making an overall comparison.  Just simply going on the success or trend of the program with each at the helm.  I probably could have used another coach to make my point. 

Edited by mwm89

16 hours ago, mwm89 said:

Of course, not disagreeing w/ that nor was I making an overall comparison.  Just simply going on the success or trend of the program with each at the helm.  I probably could have used another coach to make my point. 

point taken (fyi: i was very happy at first with the hire, and gave him more leeway than i should have---but, his "schtick" got very old with me, then hearing him rip the fans....)

3 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

point taken (fyi: i was very happy at first with the hire, and gave him more leeway than i should have---but, his "schtick" got very old with me, then hearing him rip the fans....)

I concur.  And the fans comment he will never rightfully live down I'm sure.

6 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The Barancyk hire would be intriguing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yes, it's probably just who wants and will get Barancyk....has done a nice job of coaching and winning.... without top level talent. Get's the most out of players. 

• 4 weeks later...

also, some news coming out of OSU: adding 6' 3" Slovakian center

http://www.buckeyesports.com/ohio-state-womens-basketball-adds-european-center-rebeka-mikulasikova-to-2019-class/

lotta "stars" twinkling in that group?

might as well add some indiana news, not good...tough one to come back from:

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2019/03/iuwbb-yeaney-ruptured-achilles-during-ncaa-tourney-loss/

Edited by whoopdeedoo