Akenten suspended

4huskers

5 hours ago, hskr4life said:

If I remember right, freshman year Nana was always out getting shots up after games.  I remember reading tweets about it.  This year... I didn't hear that.

Here's my thing about this.  I want to hear through the grapevine about a kid who is at the practice facility at 11 pm, who made friends with the janitor until he got his own set of keys to the backdoor to get up more shots. I'm not saying this wasn't happening or that there is any ulterior motive to the shooting after games. That being said, shooting right after a game while your coach is still out doing the post game radio interview seems a lot like that guy who makes sure his boss sees him still working at 5:30 when the boss is heading out regardless of how much work is actually being done. Don't know the kid, wish him the best. Just saying it's not as impressive as the first scenario.

Edited by RedEyedFanatic
Autocorrect

Nana let his brothers down this past season.  It is also a culture situation.  He has to earn back that lost trust and he has to fit into the new culture.  Both of those "issues" will be much more difficult to overcome than improving his offensive and defensive games.  

Would I like for him to succeed.  Sure.  Do I expect him to succeed...I am much less sure.  We shall see.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

The "likable but not very motivated/driven" shoe would fit both.

Neither seem like they take things too seriously. 

I've often wondered about that. Nana was good for dunkin' in pre-game. And a post-game dance off. He was wildly inconsistent in every measurable facet of an actual ballgame.

If Nana can make 3s, he is sturdy and athletic enough to play the 4.  He just has to put up more points than the guy he guards.  He's a good and willing rebounder.

But if he can't make 3s, he is way more of a liability than Thor or Trueblood as they are both better team defenders and all around offensive players.  

Personally, I would love for Doc to become Nana's worst nightmare and make a player out of him.  

Just now, LK1 said:

If Nana can make 3s, he is sturdy and athletic enough to play the 4.  He just has to put up more points than the guy he guards.  He's a good and willing rebounder.

But if he can't make 3s, he is way more of a liability than Thor or Trueblood as they are both better team defenders and all around offensive players.  

Personally, I would love for Doc to become Nana's worst nightmare and make a player out of him.  

That'd be fine by me if Freddy, Doc, Matt, and Bobby can make a B1G player out of an uber-athletic dude.

I hope he lands on his feet, but I'm not at all sad to see him go.  I said when we recruited him that I thought he'd be a bust (and I got blasted for it at the time).  I never liked his shooting form, even though that was supposed to be one of his strengths.  I also saw his defense and ball handling as major liabilities.  In his two years here he basically was the player that I thought he would be, although he was marginally better at rebounding and physicality than I expected.  I truly do wish him well in his athletic endeavors at a lower competition level that better fits his skills.  And most importantly, I hope he obtains his degree wherever he ends up.

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

I hope he lands on his feet, but I'm not at all sad to see him go.  I said when we recruited him that I thought he'd be a bust (and I got blasted for it at the time).  I never liked his shooting form, even though that was supposed to be one of his strengths.  I also saw his defense and ball handling as major liabilities.  In his two years here he basically was the player that I thought he would be, although he was marginally better at rebounding and physicality than I expected.  I truly do wish him well in his athletic endeavors at a lower competition level that better fits his skills.  And most importantly, I hope he obtains his degree wherever he ends up.

That sums up how I viewed Nana. He was highly flawed but uber-athletic. Maybe Nana can find a fit in IL somewhere. Hope it works out for Akenten, wherever that may be.

Onward, NU will go; yet, the upward part with Nana, that will be no mo'. 

Edited by AuroranHusker