Akenten suspended

4huskers

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

According to the LJS this morning (hard copy) Nana is still with the program.  Armon Gates was quoted in the article saying something to the effect that Nana just needs to work on some academic issues and he should be fine.

Color me shocked.

Nana is one I think could be an X factor in the new offense.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:07 PM, hskr4life said:

The problem is that I think he wants to be a star.  He forces some shots when he is out there.  Especially during conference play.  To me, it looks like he is trying to "get his" while he is on the floor.

I think his shot has potential.  If Hoiberg is the 3 point whispered I think Nana could be a perfect fit.

Hoiberg is the patron saint of lost basketball causes so it makes sense we're looking at Nana because he's lengthy, athletic, and can shoot 3s.

On the other hand we're talking about a guy who can't keep it together off the court and who I'm fairly sure Lewis was talking about when he mentioned a player with an expensive dog who ate his remote.

The fact of the matter is that we have a lot of scholarships to fill so he's getting the chance I doubt he would have under the old staff. I guess we'll see if he knows how close to the edge he his and which direction he moves from it. 

20 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Hoiberg is the patron saint of lost basketball causes so it makes sense we're looking at Nana because he's lengthy, athletic, and can shoot 3s.

On the other hand we're talking about a guy who can't keep it together off the court and who I'm fairly sure Lewis was talking about when he mentioned a player with an expensive dog who ate his remote.

The fact of the matter is that we have a lot of scholarships to fill so he's getting the chance I doubt he would have under the old staff. I guess we'll see if he knows how close to the edge he his and which direction he moves from it. 

Nothing better in sports than a good redemption story :)

Look at this years Masters

Just now, hguy44 said:

As  someone who had a class with Nana and Glynn Watson last semester, this does not surprise me considering Nana showed up twice and glynn showed up everyday.

This is really disappointing to hear.  Go to class.  If not for you and your future, for your team.  

3 hours ago, colhusker said:

Nana is one I think could be an X factor in the new offense.

but why?

I honestly havent seen anything from Nana that makes me think he will be a successful basketball player at this level. 

I think he has some athletic ability but the issue might be between the ears. 

10 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

but why?

I honestly havent seen anything from Nana that makes me think he will be a successful basketball player at this level. 

I think he has some athletic ability but the issue might be between the ears. 

Kid shot well in high school from what I read here.  Lets face it, we had a bunch of guys who shot well in high school but struggled in the offense when they got here.  He may not pan out with the new offense, but the guy we have now seems to be able to tweak shots to the point they go in.  All Nana may need is a fresh set of eyes seeing what the issue with his shot is.  

I agree, the issues may be between the ears.

3 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Kid shot well in high school from what I read here.  Lets face it, we had a bunch of guys who shot well in high school but struggled in the offense when they got here.  He may not pan out with the new offense, but the guy we have now seems to be able to tweak shots to the point they go in.  All Nana may need is a fresh set of eyes seeing what the issue with his shot is.  

Sounds like what he needs is to go to class.

1 hour ago, colhusker said:

Fair but I havent seen anything from Nana that tells me he is ready to put in the work. 

This is going to come off as harsh, but from the very little bit I have seen from Nana I question his work ethic. He doesnt seem to understand he has to work to succeed. 

The not going to class thing bugs me because he let that get so bad Miles had to suspend him. 

I hope he figures it out but we have seen this before. Kids dont get what they have until they piss it away. 

5 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Fair but I havent seen anything from Nana that tells me he is ready to put in the work. 

This is going to come off as harsh, but from the very little bit I have seen from Nana I question his work ethic. He doesnt seem to understand he has to work to succeed. 

The not going to class thing bugs me because he let that get so bad Miles had to suspend him. 

I hope he figures it out but we have seen this before. Kids dont get what they have until they piss it away. 

Take it for what it's worth, but in all the times I've played with Huskers or set up open gyms to play with them, Nana is the one that plays the most consistenly. Lives at the rec or to play somewhere.

14 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

Take it for what it's worth, but in all the times I've played with Huskers or set up open gyms to play with them, Nana is the one that plays the most consistenly. Lives at the rec or to play somewhere.

Appreciate the heads up.

You have a lot more insight than I do. I am going based on games and his involvement.

I am not a big Nana fan, so I probably am being a bit unfair.

Whatever it is, I hope he figures it out and has success either at Nebraska or somewhere.