Akenten suspended

4huskers

• 4huskers changed the title to Akenten suspended
2 minutes ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

I believe Allen has a high ankle sprain that will keep him out on Sunday.  If that is the case, then the starting lineup will be ? ...

Palmer

Roby

Watson

Borchardt

Harris

With Thor, Heimen and Trueblood off the bench?

Yep. More than likely. Trueblood will be getting minutes. Or Costello

9 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

why? miles will be gone and there's 3-4 open starting spots next year.

He isn't a big ten caliber player honestly. Once big ten play started his production dipped a lot. From January 1st on he was 5-33 from deep. Now you can fault coaching for that completely. But it's honestly in his best interest to go to a mid major level. Great hustler. Just doesn't offer much if his shot isn't falling outside of rebounding. 

2 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

He isn't a big ten caliber player honestly. Once big ten play started his production dipped a lot. From January 1st on he was 5-33 from deep. Now you can fault coaching for that completely. But it's honestly in his best interest to go to a mid major level. Great hustler. Just doesn't offer much if his shot isn't falling outside of rebounding. 

He'll never be a star but he can be a legit role player.

2 minutes ago, nustudent said:

He'll never be a star but he can be a legit role player.

I can agree with that. His deficiencies in my eyes stand out a lot though. I would love him as a small ball 4 as a floor spacer. But when you're 5-33 in the last 3 months you can't use him in that capacity. I haven't seen him able to dribble much from the guard position. It's usually a pass or shot as soon as he catches it. There may be a few outliers but that's what usually happens. It's in his best interest to take a step down to a mid major level and he can tell that honestly. Just what I've seen though

1 minute ago, thrasher31 said:

I can agree with that. His deficiencies in my eyes stand out a lot though. I would love him as a small ball 4 as a floor spacer. But when you're 5-33 in the last 3 months you can't use him in that capacity. I haven't seen him able to dribble much from the guard position. It's usually a pass or shot as soon as he catches it. There may be a few outliers but that's what usually happens. It's in his best interest to take a step down to a mid major level and he can tell that honestly. Just what I've seen though

I think he has shown the ability to  shoot in spurts.  Shot selection was a bit questionable at times but I think under different circumstances, he'd fare quite a bit better

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

The problem is that I think he wants to be a star.  He forces some shots when he is out there.  Especially during conference play.  To me, it looks like he is trying to "get his" while he is on the floor.

Wont disagree with that.  Part of the reason why I think he was likely to leave, regardless of who is coaching next year

Just now, nustudent said:

I think he has shown the ability to  shoot in spurts.  Shot selection was a bit questionable at times but I think under different circumstances, he'd fare quite a bit better

New coaching will probably help in that instance honestly. Odds are we were losing some guys regardless from the sophomore class due to burke and green coming in. Nana seemed like the obvious candidate because he'll probably be behind all of them and amir Harris honestly. Now that's assuming we retain most guys. But Nana leaving seems like the best option for him and us. He's a illinois kid so watch out for Loyola picking him up

2 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

New coaching will probably help in that instance honestly. Odds are we were losing some guys regardless from the sophomore class due to burke and green coming in. Nana seemed like the obvious candidate because he'll probably be behind all of them and amir Harris honestly. Now that's assuming we retain most guys. But Nana leaving seems like the best option for him and us. He's a illinois kid so watch out for Loyola picking him up

There's still a spot for him here if he wants to stay.   I'd prefer he stay but I know it's not likely for us to not have someone move on