NIT

I know we aren't really excited about the possibility of the NIT but has the university officially ruled it out?  I ask because as a season ticket holder I'm surprised we haven't gotten an email about reserving tickets (and yes I would buy tickets to see us play in the NIT as miserable as that all sounds).

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything official.  

57 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I thought no for this reason too. But then I thought if they did get a bid (I don't think they will) one of the assistants would step up. 

Lewis could take over.  But not sure anyone really wants to go through the motions of that considering what are hopes were for this season.

That being said...I think Iowa rolls us and we lose to Penn State so it's an irrelevant conversation.

28 minutes ago, tcp said:

also we have no idea how many slots are going to be open. there weren't that many last year and we barely made it in. 

but frankly, as bad as this team has been, an NIT bid would be a joke. 

I really think they went down the RPI list to make their selections. If you recall, we weren't doing so well in that Metric, but there were a couple others in our favor that the committees didn't consider.

If they do it again this year, based on NET, we have a shot at getting a bid in the NIT.

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I really think they went down the RPI list to make their selections. If you recall, we weren't doing so well in that Metric, but there were a couple others in our favor that the committees didn't consider.

If they do it again this year, based on NET, we have a shot at getting a bid in the NIT.

Don’t even think it was the RPI.  Think it was more the random KPI one.   The seeding nearly identically followed that 

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I know the rankings are what they are and Oklahoma ad nauseum from last year, but the fan in me can't abide--unlike the Dude--letting a team that so thoroughly stunk up their back half to the tune of 2 and infinity go to the post season party, NET be damned. Especially given how bad we are on the road, no less. But I know there' a mathematical consideration...

45 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Lewis could take over.  But not sure anyone really wants to go through the motions of that considering what are hopes were for this season.

That being said...I think Iowa rolls us and we lose to Penn State so it's an irrelevant conversation.

It's probably going to be Rutgers since Penn St beat them.  Not sure about Iowa but we definitely don't want any part of Penn St these days (no one does)

7 hours ago, UnicamMan said:

I know we aren't really excited about the possibility of the NIT but has the university officially ruled it out?  I ask because as a season ticket holder I'm surprised we haven't gotten an email about reserving tickets (and yes I would buy tickets to see us play in the NIT as miserable as that all sounds).

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything official.  

I've heard that the coaching staff has cleared out their stuff. Just what I've heard. Take it for what it's worth..... no N.I.T. if no coaching staff will be around to prepare a team.

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

I've heard that the coaching staff has cleared out their stuff. Just what I've heard. Take it for what it's worth..... no N.I.T. if no coaching staff will be around to prepare a team.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.  Did you seriously hear this?  If so, oof.

25 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

We as a group could do it!. 

Most of us know lots about basketball, at least that is what I read on here... a lot.?

I can see both sides of the argument - I just can't imagine the administration would accept a bid while looking for the next coach or a senior-laden team would put much into playing the game (they haven't shown much pride in competition over the past couple of months). I would vote "nay".