Nebraska (15-14) vs. Michigan St. (23-6) Game thread

Yeah...it is hard to be a Husker basketball fan.  We started well, and then bam, they make a run (something like 20-2).  Then we start the second half well, we knock the lead down (could have had it to six, but for a missed free throw) and then bam, a boneheaded sequence.  Dang.

Just now, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah...it is hard to be a Husker basketball fan.  We started well, and then bam, they make a run (something like 20-2).  Then we start the second half well, we knock the lead down (could have had it to six, but for a missed free throw) and then bam, a boneheaded sequence.  Dang.

What's weird is that you could see the seeds of this in our first loss to Tech. How we reacted to that crap sequence and how we just sort of folded up shop when we got punched. It took awhile to fully manifest, but we can't say there were no indications that this tendency wasn't there the whole time. 

2 minutes ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

Don’t know if this has been said as I just caught up to the live feed but this is the best the big three have played collectively. Repeat this effort and get SOMETHING from anyone else and we could COULD do decent in the B10 tourney. 

At the start of the season, if you would have told me that Palmer gets 30 and Watson gets 27 and we lose by double figures, I would have called you crazy.

4 minutes ago, tcp said:

What's weird is that you could see the seeds of this in our first loss to Tech. How we reacted to that crap sequence and how we just sort of folded up shop when we got punched. It took awhile to fully manifest, but we can't say there were no indications that this tendency wasn't there the whole time. 

Looking back on the loss to TTU, it was definitely there. I thought at that point it may have been an anomaly. Where I saw the real issues was the loss at Minnesota. I said then that loss would hurt. It exposed this team for what it truly was.

4 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

If we hire him as coach you would.only have to put up.with him for 7 years...max.

If that happens, Moos should be on the unemployment block.

I would rather extend Miles for 7 years.

Edited by brfrad

90+ points again on the road. our defensive effort is so ungodly horrid these days. 

that's just motivation. and this team has so little of it. 

I am looking forward to the laundry coming out of the locker room after the season to get an idea of where it all went wrong. 

Final Stats:

Michigan State is just better (surprise image.png:eek:, surpriseimage.png:eek:) than we are. Better Shooters and teamwork. FG's 53.3 vs 41.9; Treys 50.0 vs 37.0; FT's 88.2 vs 58.3, Rbs 41 vs 32; and Assists 22 vs 11. The Miracle is that despite losing by 15 points, we were able to get it down to a 7 point game in the second half.

upload_2019-3-5_18-6-45.png

Edited by Red Don