Transfers watch

• 5 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Koster is going to South Dakota if you did not already hear it.

Hoiberg already losing recruiting battles to South Dakota? #firefred

Let me know if I have to include some sarcasm font or something. 

https://www.thetimesherald.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/04/08/port-hurons-eric-williams-ready-set-sail-announces-transfer-duquesne-university/3400158002/

"This time going it will be different going through the process. I believe I will be smarter about it. I'll know more about it. I wasn't really recruited before. I'll take my time." 

During one stretch of the season, Williams began to play the efficient type of basketball that he always knew he was capable of. That resulted in the first 40-point game of his collegiate career against St. Louis. 

He scored the 40 points while shooting 15-of-20, including 7-of-9 from 3-point range. Williams will now head back out on the recruiting trail, hoping to make a decision on his new school by the end of May. He will have to sit out a year, but he will be able to practice with his new team. When he returns, he will have two years of eligibility remaining. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 12.31.57 PM.png

21 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I wonder if they will block him from following Matt. 

LJ was a Juco kid. Had offers to Lousiville and Florida fresh out of Highschool but went to New Mexico State. Then when coach left he went JUCO instead of sitting a year out. 

Sounds like he was recruited by Matt to come to St. Johns. 

Robin Washut Retweeted

Sources tell me at @tmj4 it's official. Sam and Joey Hauser have decided to leave the Marquette program and enter the NCAA transfer portal process. The Stevens Point, WI brothers leaving a big loss. An official release is forthcoming #mubb

4 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:
 Robin Washut Retweeted

Sources tell me at @tmj4 it's official. Sam and Joey Hauser have decided to leave the Marquette program and enter the NCAA transfer portal process. The Stevens Point, WI brothers leaving a big loss. An official release is forthcoming #mubb

Virginia already the frontrunner. Rich will get richer. 

2 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:
 Robin Washut Retweeted

This should allow Ed Morrow to slide out to his more natural position and play the "3" next year... ?   Im expecting him to light it up from outside next year!!! 

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Wisconsin fans are thinking they will get them.  I also heard Virginia and Michigan State as possibilities. Tough loss for Marquette.  They were rolling early and now the wheels are falling off.

I bet they're leaving because Ed Morrow is moving to the wing and will take all their playing time.

Edit...and ConkintheCorner beats me to it.

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

2 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:
 Robin Washut Retweeted

They're just looking for a chance to play in a MAJOR conference. Good for them.

3 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:
 Robin Washut Retweeted

Pretty astounding that Sam is transferring as a junior.

I wonder if Howard coming back and dominating the shots is a factor

41 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Pretty astounding that Sam is transferring as a junior.

I wonder if Howard coming back and dominating the shots is a factor

That was actually my first thought.  Some of those Marquette box scores looked like a high school team the way he dominated most of the shots.