Miles is retained what does the team look like

21 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Yes the Big 10 is post season play.  It’s not the regular season.  That’s like saying our game against Mississippi State last year wasn’t Pre-Season because it wasn’t an invitation tournament.

Now you could say we have zero wins in post season tournaments outside of the Big 10 Tournament.

Great...then why would we fire Miles since he's make it to post season play all 7 years. 

Edited by kldm64

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Yes the Big 10 is post season play.  It’s not the regular season.  That’s like saying our game against Mississippi State last year wasn’t Pre-Season because it wasn’t an invitation tournament.

Now you could say we have zero wins in post season tournaments outside of the Big 10 Tournament.

Nebraska coaches' records in post-season games:

• Miles 5-8 (5-6 in conference tournaments, 0-1 in NCAA, 0-1 in NIT)
  • Sadler 3-9 (2-6 in conference, 0-0 in NCAA, 1-3 in NIT)
  • Collier 3-8 (2-6 in conference, 0-0 in NCAA, 1-2 in NIT)
  • Nee 20-23 (7-14 in conference, 0-5 in NCAA, 13-4 in NIT)
  • Iba 8-10 (3-6 in conference, 0-1 in NCAA, 5-3 in NIT)
  • Cipriano 3-7 (2-4 in conference, 1-3 in NIT)

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Interesting that Kent P liked this tweet referring to Moos as Rachel Phelps.  I’m probably reading wayyy to much into it but... we still got 2 dang hours to tip.

Cope is Jake Taylor down to the hurt knees......as an Indians fan, major league fan, and nebrasketball fan, I'm disappointed this was missed. Trueblood is Roger Dorn. 

Trying to find a balance between the Hioberg hype train and also not getting sucked in too much to the show Miles and the boys ar putting on rn.

Thinking about next year does have me very intrigued, however.

- Thomas Allen and Isaiah Roby as top dogs

- Intriguing players such as Jervay Green and Dachon Burke added to the mix

- Returning bench pieces in Amir, Thor, Brady, and Trueblood (maybe?)

- And an influx of young talent with MAW, Arop, and Karrington Davis

There are still some holes to plug. And a lot of question marks. Can Isaiah Roby be THE MAN if he returns? Is Jervay Green a player player? Can Dachon Burke play at this level? What type of growth will we see from our bench players? Who do we get for front court help? Will any of our freshmen become that elusive impact freshman that has eluded Miles during his time here?

Just some thoughts as im waiting for the second round to kick off this AM.

34 minutes ago, khoock said:

Trying to find a balance between the Hioberg hype train and also not getting sucked in too much to the show Miles and the boys ar putting on rn.

Two pieces of advice that I try to give myself in this situation:

1. Just go ahead and trust the AD in his decision to extend Miles' time. He's either got something lined up or he doesn't. But that doesn't affect us right now. We can complain about it later.

2. Don't worry about next year's roster until the offseason banter period. It just changes so much that it'll keep your head spinning. Let's first see if we have a coaching change, let the players make their decisions, then start evaluating our next season. There's much more uncertainty with the players and their own future themselves than there is with us.

Point being, I'm just riding the hype train and seeing where it goes until Moos or the NCAA says we can't play anymore basketball in March. Who knows what's going to happen in Fort Worth this weekend, but I'm just excited this team is still fighting!

8 hours ago, khoock said:

Thinking about next year does have me very intrigued, however.

- Thomas Allen and Isaiah Roby as top dogs

- Intriguing players such as Jervay Green and Dachon Burke added to the mix

- Returning bench pieces in Amir, Thor, Brady, and Trueblood (maybe?)

- And an influx of young talent with MAW, Arop, and Karrington Davis

There are still some holes to plug. And a lot of question marks. Can Isaiah Roby be THE MAN if he returns? Is Jervay Green a player player? Can Dachon Burke play at this level? What type of growth will we see from our bench players? Who do we get for front court help? Will any of our freshmen become that elusive impact freshman that has eluded Miles during his time here?

Just some thoughts as im waiting for the second round to kick off this AM.

Every personnel move you just explained is right out the window when/if Miles is released. At 3.5 to $4 million a year Hoiberg won’t have the luxury of a “5 year plan,” he’ll need to hit the ground running & start calling in some of those Transfer/Juco markers.

53 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Every personnel move you just explained is right out the window when/if Miles is released. At 3.5 to $4 million a year Hoiberg won’t have the luxury of a “5 year plan,” he’ll need to hit the ground running & start calling in some of those Transfer/Juco markers.

Read the title of the thread lol.

NOT EVERY SINGLE THREAD ON THIS BOARD IS ABOUT HOIBERG ??

Edited by khoock

33 minutes ago, khoock said:

Read the title of the thread lol.

NOT EVERY SINGLE THREAD ON THIS BOARD IS ABOUT HOIBERG ??

LOL...nice try Khoock!  I went to confession the other day and the priest asked me if the rumor about Hoiberg is true!!!!

Just kidding, but everything these days turn to the Hoiberg topic -- or so it seems.