Miles is retained what does the team look like

1 minute ago, 89Husker said:

I would hope he is, with as much knowledge as he drops during his show.  But even so, if true, how does that contradict anything that I said?  Sure, maybe it is just Miles he hates, but over the years, when he talks Nebrasketball, it is only to poor-mouth them or take a dig.  And never a positive outlook, even with local guys Heiman and Arop. So, for him to try to dismiss Green on his radio show, not a shock at all.

He wasn’t dismissing Green, just said he thought he would end up back in his home state at CU. I don’t really need sunshine and rainbows as long as the info is correct. 

1 hour ago, 89Husker said:

You just cited Gary Sharp as a reference for Husker basketball, so you're info can't be too credible. That guy is not a Husker fan, nor is he an insider.  He probably has Derrin's ear, sure.  But he would never offer a positive opinion or outlook for Huskers.  Just sayin'

Sharp and Benning are friends with Michael Lewis. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their information. In regards to Sharp, I think he is just tired of the losing.

You just cited Gary Sharp as a reference for Husker basketball, so you're info can't be too credible. That guy is not a Husker fan, nor is he an insider.  He probably has Derrin's ear, sure.  But he would never offer a positive opinion or outlook for Huskers.  Just sayin'

Sharp is definitely a NU fan all around,  not sure where you get that at all. He does not want Green to bolt but said there is a chance but probably depend on who we hire. He does have connections as someone said with Lewis and others.

Here is the deal, there are two sets of fans that will make or has made the choice easy for Moos.

The deep pocket boys and the casual fan.

Causual fan has quit already, they are the ones that buy the season tickets when it is a "fun thing to do"

and deep pocket guy guy is easy to figure out.

Guys/gals like us will come no matter what, so are really just fighting within the family here.

9 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Here is the deal, there are two sets of fans that will make or has made the choice easy for Moos.

The deep pocket boys and the casual fan.

Causual fan has quit already, they are the ones that buy the season tickets when it is a "fun thing to do"

and deep pocket guy guy is easy to figure out.

Guys/gals like us will come no matter what, so are really just fighting within the family here.

Silver spot on.

There are two sets of fans, one that wants to retain Mile and those (who shall remain nameless) who make it clear Miles can't be gone fast enough.  Would say I am in the camp that I am guessing he is gone, he knows it and came out today and pulled all the right strings to send the seniors off with a win in their last home game.  Neither side is going to take the fun I had watching today's game away from me.  

Edited by colhusker

4 hours ago, 89Husker said:

A UNL grad and Husker season ticket holder definitely wishes nothing but the worst for Husker Basketball. I'm sure Coach Lewis likes to come on his show, and go out to eat with him and Damon Benning because they're so down on Nebraska Basketball. Not every show in the state can be 100% homerism. 

6 hours ago, NebrasketballJake said:

A UNL grad and Husker season ticket holder definitely wishes nothing but the worst for Husker Basketball. I'm sure Coach Lewis likes to come on his show, and go out to eat with him and Damon Benning because they're so down on Nebraska Basketball. Not every show in the state can be 100% homerism. 

Well, that's awesome then.  I stand corrected.  It sounds like Lewis is real good friends with Sharp, shares intel with him, and breaks bread.  Then Sharp returns the favor by dissing Husker recruiting, poor-mouthing the team, and saying "Nebraska lost Omaha" on the radio earlier this year.  This is after Lewis gets Heiman and Arop, and while he is trying for Sallis and Hepburn.  Very helpful that the well-connected Husker alum that hosts Omaha sports show is bagging on the coaching staff while trying to get two major recruits out of the city. Lewis is probably thrilled with his good friend and Husker supporter.

Well, that's awesome then.  I stand corrected.  It sounds like Lewis is real good friends with Sharp, shares intel with him, and breaks bread.  Then Sharp returns the favor by dissing Husker recruiting, poor-mouthing the team, and saying "Nebraska lost Omaha" on the radio earlier this year.  This is after Lewis gets Heiman and Arop, and while he is trying for Sallis and Hepburn.  Very helpful that the well-connected Husker alum that hosts Omaha sports show is bagging on the coaching staff while trying to get two major recruits out of the city. Lewis is probably thrilled with his good friend and Husker supporter.

That is very odd. I listen a lot and he has been very complimentary of how we have made great strides with in state recruiting the last two years. Previously I think they thought we could do better but they love Lewis and are happy now. He was the captain of the Huskers should be in the tourney last year as well.

3 hours ago, 89Husker said:

You either have mis-heard or are hearing what you want to hear. Gary and Damon have been very complimentary of the Tim’s staff and the work they’ve been doing in Nebraska/Omaha. 

4 hours ago, kldm64 said:

Or it could be much better.  I'm not hitching my wagon to a coach that is well under .500 in league play after 7 seasons.

Two top 4 Conference finishes, Two first team All B1G players, SO much more talent and energy around the program than the old days when we would battle Colorado for last place in the Big 8. That being said, Moos made up his mind on Miles a year ago...

1 minute ago, Handy Johnson said:

Two top 4 Conference finishes, Two first team All B1G players, SO much more talent and energy around the program than the old days when we would battle Colorado for last place in the Big 8. That being said, Moos made up his mind on Miles a year ago...

I think you are right about, Handy, about Moos making his mind up last year.  But this debacle of a season, however it got to this point, certainly has done nothing to change his mind....

30 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Also a 10th place finish, an 11th place finish and two 12th place finishes and a 13th place finish this year.  Overall conference record is 52 - 76 (.406%).  So we have been battling for last place in 5 of his first 7 years.

ZERO post season wins

No question he has increased the talent level but it's not translating to wins on the court.  Moos really don't have much of a decision.  He either has to go "all in" with Miles or go a different direction.  Based on those stats, what would you do?

3 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Also a 10th place finish, an 11th place finish and two 12th place finishes and a 13th place finish this year.  Overall conference record is 52 - 76 (.406%).  So we have been battling for last place in 5 of his first 7 years.

ZERO post season wins

No question he has increased the talent level but it's not translating to wins on the court.  Moos really don't have much of a decision.  He either has to go "all in" with Miles or go a different direction.  Based on those stats, what would you do?

Yikes, hard to defend that resume.  

4 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

ZERO post season wins

Agreed.  As much as I like Tim Miles the person and being being a great ambassador for Nebraska, it's time for a change.  

On 3/11/2019 at 3:02 PM, kldm64 said:

ZERO post season wins

Isn't the the B1G tourney post season play?

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

emoji4.png

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Recency bias is also the same reason why people freak out about shark attacks right after one occurs, even though the data shows that the frequency of attacks hasn't gone up.

I've got my own opinion. But as I mentioned in another thread, I'm throwing that all out the door for now and just appreciating this tournament for what it is. And it's been so fun to watch this team gut it out so far!

Just now, Bugeaters1 said:

Isn't not!! Then what do you call it?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Seriously. Did we receive an invitation to play in this tournament?  Every school gets to play in a conference tournament.  Not even remotely the same as post season.

Yes the Big 10 is post season play.  It’s not the regular season.  That’s like saying our game against Mississippi State last year wasn’t Pre-Season because it wasn’t an invitation tournament.

Now you could say we have zero wins in post season tournaments outside of the Big 10 Tournament.