PENN STATE GAME THREAD 3 -2-19

redsteve

5 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Looks like we're in the Maryland bracket more than likely...depends on tomorrow like Bugs said.

r u sure? i thought this gives them a 6 or 7 seed? or at least in the "iowa" bracket

ok, yes---if nw beats iowa it puts them in the maryland bracket

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Hey @Bugeaters1  It looks like my 'Uniform' worked again :wink:  (That or having my daughter there at the end to help carry 'Em over the finish line.  When she is there helping me to root it seem like they just can't miss :Banana::Banana::Banana::Banana:))

(Too bad my uniform quit working for the Men image.png )

Edited by Red Don

We do have the worst ball handlers (with Haiby the exception) with Whitish leading the way.  I don't understand why every team doesn't full court press us the entire game.  Thank goodness we won but watching our team reminds me of the days I watched my daughters during their 6th and 7th grade years.  One turnover or bad decision after another.  Hopefully the next class will have some ball handlers.

1 hour ago, Cazzie22 said:

If we had a great ball handler it would work.

What bothers/concerns me is when they do pass over or up court, the next player holds onto the ball too long and allows the press to get right up on them.  Have also seen too many players dribble close to the out of bounds line and that works as an extra defender.  Can't say I know the answer, but things players and staff need to look at. :huh:

This is not to deny, however, that a great ball handler is in need- just expanding on your point.

Edited by mwm89

48 minutes ago, longtimefan said:

We do have the worst ball handlers (with Haiby the exception) with Whitish leading the way.  I don't understand why every team doesn't full court press us the entire game.  Thank goodness we won but watching our team reminds me of the days I watched my daughters during their 6th and 7th grade years.  One turnover or bad decision after another.  Hopefully the next class will have some ball handlers.

It’s not just ball handling turnovers though.  We have some really bad passes that are head scratchers.

6 minutes ago, fred1212 said:

Don't they have a transfer PG that got injured and has applied for a medical redshirt?

Yes.  Kristan Hudson from FAU I believe.  She was a good ball handler if I recall but didn't see much of her myself before she was injured.  I'm sure her experience will be beneficial if she comes back.

Edited by mwm89