PENN STATE GAME THREAD 3 -2-19

redsteve

Nebraska Cornhuskers
at Penn State Lady Lions
Saturday, March 2, 2019, 2 p.m. (CT)
Bryce Jordan Center (15,104) - University Park, Pa.
Live TV: BTN (Chris Vosters, Vera Jones)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln-B107.3 FM; Omaha-ESPN 590 AM
Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

Huskers Close Regular Season at Penn State Saturday
• The Nebraska women’s basketball team closes 2019 regular-season Big Ten Conference play by traveling to Penn State on Saturday afternoon.

• Tip off between Nebraska (13-15, 8-9 Big Ten) and the Lady Lions (12-16, 5-12 Big Ten) is set for 2 p.m. (CT). Live radio coverage (beginning at 1:45 p.m.) can be heard in Lincoln on B107.3 FM, 

• Nebraska takes aim at its third win in the last four games in hopes of finishing with a .500 league record at 9-9. It would be the seventh time in eight years since joining the Big Ten in 2011-12 that the Huskers have finished with a .500 or better conference mark.
Edited by redsteve

13 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Lets hope the Huskers play today like they have been playing on the road. And finish 9-9 in conference.

Big game for the program.   Keeps a flicker of flame alive for some level of postseason play.   I don't have time to figure out what it does for the Big 10 tournament, but I assume a win would matter a couple of places at least for the regular season standings.   

1 hour ago, caveman said:

loss would put us 8 to 9 and a win would put us 6 or 7.  The worst would be 7 as we have 3 tie breakers. 

6-7 gets us in top half, which Moos has emphasized is a big factor in evaluating our programs.    Given the youth, and the difficult preseason start, I think a top half finish would be great. 

1 hour ago, caveman said:

loss would put us 8 to 9 and a win would put us 6 or 7.  The worst would be 7 as we have 3 tie breakers. 

34 minutes ago, HB said:

6-7 gets us in top half, which Moos has emphasized is a big factor in evaluating our programs.    Given the youth, and the difficult preseason start, I think a top half finish would be great. 

:Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

Not a lot to add from the Huckers.com game page this time (they sure know how to obfuscate  :Banghead:):D

:Gobigred:

Scouting the Penn State Lady Lions

• The Penn State Lady Lions have won two of their past three games.
• Penn State is 5-12 in the conference, four of its wins have come vs. the 13th and 14th-place teams.
• Teniya Page, a 5-7 senior guard is a two-time All-Big Ten choice. This year, Page is averaging 19.3 points per game. She has racked up 2,072 points, 421 rebounds and 409 career assists.
• This season, Penn State is 10-16 with Page on the court and 2-1 without her. She missed PSU’s wins over Purdue (Feb. 21), Illinois (Feb. 24) and a loss at Michigan State (Feb. 27) after suffering an injury in a 97-67 loss at Minnesota.
• Page has scored in double figures 42 straight games and 103 in her career.
• Through the first 25 games, Page had taken 25.1 percent of PSU’s shots, including 27.7 percent of the team’s threes, and 35.9 percent of the free throws. With Page, Penn State averaged 68.2 points and allowed 71.5 points. In two wins without her, PSU averaged 74 points and allowed 63 points per contest, before being held to a season-low 48 points without her in a 57-48 loss at Michigan State.

20 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

My nonsensical post of the day!  I despise the black uniforms.

Hey,if they play good in them wear them.

18 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

We seem to be handling pressure poorly, as usual.

Need to get a guard that can handle that shit.

2 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Penn Sta isn't very good...not much talent. A little surprising. 

....we should prevail. Just make a decent % on our shots.  Refs are letting them play....we play that way to, and it will take care of it's self. 

How long before Washington is let go. her good years were with the previous coaches talent.