Frisco College Baseball Classic Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

What I don't understand about college baseball is why don't all of the pitchers go to the bull pen when the game starts. seems like they stay in the dugout, until they need someone.

Much depends on the location and quality of the bullpen.  Also, if there isn't a phone, it is a problem to hang out there.  

Just now, Bugeaters1 said:

most tweams have walkie talkies,so I don't see the problem.

Just sorta telling you how it was when I played.  Most bullpens are not meant for full-time occupancy.  Access to shade, communication, restroom access, ability to see from the dugout all played a role.  We hung out there when we could, but otherwise we were in the dugout until we needed to warm up.  

6 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

May not have been the outcome we wanted, but it's always great to see the fan support our program has across the country (and the world).

Good to see Turner Gill after his retirement from being a head coach due to his wife's health situation. I had wondered where he had moved... his native Texas, it seems like. Good for the Gill fam.

34 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The game today against MSU has been called due to cold weather and travel. Huskersfinish 1-1, but should have been 2-0.

God, 2-0 would have gotten us so much respect around the country. Such a shame they couldn't close that out. This team can go 6-3 before conference play. Would be nice to get above .500 before conf games begin- Baylor is legit - go get at least 1 in Waco.