Chris Heady (OWH) Nebrasketball Story Coming This Weekend

Just now, bb33ch said:

I’ll be interested to see the topic of it. My guess is him detailing the athletic departments level of committment to basketball?Interesting that he said it took him months to put it together.

The timeline was interesting to me as well. Means he started it when things we're going really well - so not just a reaction piece to the end of the year slide. Also they're gonna run it on the front page. 

I'm assuming this article is going to talk about how bad the athletic department has been historically in handling basketball. Does football come first? Yes. But it's not like the athletic department doesn't care about basketball. Not as much as they used to anyway. What I'm worried about is fans losing interest because they think the athletic department doesn't care if they decide to hire another mid-major coach. There are many, MANY programs that are currently succeeding after hiring up-and-coming mid-major coaches. I'm starting to get the vibe based on constant hammering of the topic on 93.7 as well as other social media outlets that it's Hoiberg (especially Hoiberg), Lue, Altman, Marshall, Matta, or bust. Anything else fans will be upset about because the athletic department didn't land one of these guys. I, for one, will be completely fine with another mid-major coach, so long as his philosophy is more offensively driven. 

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

The timeline was interesting to me as well. Means he started it when things we're going really well - so not just a reaction piece to the end of the year slide. Also they're gonna run it on the front page. 

Maybe a mixture of how the athletic department felt then vs now. I hope he has something with how much they’re willing to pay a coach.

3 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

I'm assuming this article is going to talk about how bad the athletic department has been historically in handling basketball. Does football come first? Yes. But it's not like the athletic department doesn't care about basketball. Not as much as they used to anyway. What I'm worried about is fans losing interest because they think the athletic department doesn't care if they decide to hire another mid-major coach. There are many, MANY programs that are currently succeeding after hiring up-and-coming mid-major coaches. I'm starting to get the vibe based on constant hammering of the topic on 93.7 as well as other social media outlets that it's Hoiberg (especially Hoiberg), Lue, Altman, Marshall, Matta, or bust. Anything else fans will be upset about because the athletic department didn't land one of these guys. I, for one, will be completely fine with another mid-major coach, so long as his philosophy is more offensively driven. 

Better not be a hit piece. OWH treads on thin ice already.

I'm fine with whoever coaches (obviously more 'fine' with it when competent B1G coaching occurs...), as far as my own commitment to rooting on the team. I'm a huge Nebrasketball-er, I'll always root for the boys in Red & White. Never that eastern Omaha squad, despite what these Blue-balled folks try to convince me of here in the Big O.

58 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Better not be a hit piece. OWH treads on thin ice already.

I'm fine with whoever coaches (obviously more 'fine' with it when competent B1G coaching occurs...), as far as my own commitment to rooting on the team. I'm a huge Nebrasketball-er, I'll always root for the boys in Red & White. Never that eastern Omaha squad, despite what these Blue-balled folks try to convince me of here in the Big O.

The timing for a hit piece would be tragic. Don't need to make this job look any worse prior to a coaching search. 

1 hour ago, noahjb24 said:

Chris Heady's favorite team is whoever Nebraska is playing against that night.

Yeah, I'm not a big Heady fan. He seems almost anti-us at times.

Lee could be harsh, but he lived it for so long, and I think he was just brutally honest yet wanted us to do well.

Speaking of local papers, I'm getting very annoyed with Sipple as of late.  He's been doing "3 quick thoughts" or whatever since the wheels fell off. Talk about low-hanging fruit, or whatever the he'll that damn reference is. Why has he not always done this section? Why wait until the disaster is unfolding.

Give me Washut or Basnett over those 2 clowns (Heady/Sipple) any day.

Edited by jason2486

5 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Going to have to wait for the Cliff notes because I am not giving OWH my cash.

imagine paying money to find out the university doesn't care about basketball.

all you have to do is look at the least 3 coaching hires.

stop renewing season tickets if you want a good coach.

Edited by TimSmiles