uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 29 - @ Michigan

19 minutes ago, BigTate said:

Miles should have let Palmer and Roby ride the bench a month ago. Maybe they would have received the message in time to make a difference. Now its too late...

You've hit on one of the less obvious problems of lack of depth: inability to limit playing time to correct mistakes. It's all taken a toll: too many minutes means physical fatigue, mental fatigue, foul trouble, declining morale, etc., etc. etc.

14 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

John Beilein (Probably): Tim Miles is a fantastic coach, Nebraska should keep him around for a long time.

I'd say the same thing too if 3 of the last 4 times I'd played someone's team my team mopped the damn floor with the other team. 

30 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

I'd say the same thing too if 3 of the last 4 times I'd played someone's team my team mopped the damn floor with the other team. 

And what's so strange is that that 1 time out of 4 that it didn't happen, Miles mopped the floor with Beilein's team.

Post game notes

Nebraska fell to 1-7 against ranked teams this season, including 0-2 vs. top-10 teams this season
*-Nana Akenten reached double-figures for the third time this season and first time since Nov. 19 against Missouri State.
*-Amir Harris set a career high with eight points, bettering his previous best of six set on two occasions, most recently against Purdue on Saturday. 
*--Glynn Watson Jr. jumped from 10th to ninth on Nebraska’s career assist chart with his two assists tonight, tying Clifford Scales (354, 1988-91). Watson now has 354 assists.
*-James Palmer Jr. saw his streak of 24 straight games in double figures end, as he was held to a season-low seven points. The only other time he didn’t reach double figures was against Missouri State on Nov. 19. 
*-Michigan shot 55.6 percent, becoming the fourth opponent in the last 54 games to shoot over 50 percent against Nebraska.
*- Nebraska committed just seven turnovers tonight, marking the seventh time in nine games the Huskers committed less than 10 turnovers. 
*-Michigan’s 12 3-pointers in a season high against the Huskers. 

5 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

You've hit on one of the less obvious problems of lack of depth: inability to limit playing time to correct mistakes. It's all taken a toll: too many minutes means physical fatigue, mental fatigue, foul trouble, declining morale, etc., etc. etc.

That's where losing Jordy T. comes back to bite Miles in the arse.