uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 29 - @ Michigan

1 minute ago, Cazzie22 said:

I see no end to this downward spiral.  Three games and this season mercifully comes to an end.  But, is there a beginning?  NU will not have enough talent to get out of the basement next year.  Depression has set in.

Unfortunately we had such high expectations this season that NyQuil didn't mass produce as much this year, so we're just left drowning in sorrows rather than the favorite pastime of NyQuil chasers for your Nebrasketball viewing pleasure.

7 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I see no end to this downward spiral.  Three games and this season mercifully comes to an end.  But, is there a beginning?  NU will not have enough talent to get out of the basement next year.  Depression has set in.

i don't think the returning talent is that bad...assuming everyone stays and with a better coach.

very weak inside though. brady seems like he could be a couple years away from being a starter.

Just now, TimSmiles said:

i don't think the returning talent is that bad...assuming everyone stays and with a better coach.

very weak inside though. brady seems like he could be a couple years away from being a starter.

I think Brady has a lot of skill, seems to have sure hands; he hits the weight/nutrition system hard & develop himself into a dude. I have high hopes for Heiman.

MAW, Green & Arop all seem to be very, very athletic. NU keeps these guys & Roby comes back, it could be a better team in some productive, analytic qualities.

51 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Honestly, that's next year's problem. Just have to give a new coach time to reset the pins. Nothing we can do about that. 

2 hours ago, jason2486 said:

We were ranked starting the month of January. Just when you think we've seen it all as Husker fans, our basketball program has to go and F'n one up us. At 13-4 after Indiana, we were probably all thinking "even we can't screw up at least being a bubble team come March". And then came a huge middle finger to us fans from the basketball gods.

The effort tonight, I have no words for. James can't shoot, finish, or defend. Roby still doesn't know how good he should be (may never get there), and Watson and Allen are so inconsistent.

Can we all just agree that Roby isn't going to reach this mythical potential, at least under Miles

2 hours ago, HuskerCager said:

I'd like to see a nice showing by the fans and the players too.  It feels like we have gone full circle in a 2 year time period.  I can't get that 40-point home finale drubbing to Michigan in 2017 out of my mind.  Hope we don't see that against Iowa.

Iowa drubbed NU recently in a finale, I think 72-46. Then UM got next... 92-53. Woof.

1 hour ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Most don't ... if they stick around.

Yeah been beating this drum for a long time about how bad Miles is at player development.  Caught a lot of slack for it many times.  I stick by it.  He is crazy bad at it.  How you cannot help guys at least not get worse at shooting while they are here is truly mind boggling.  

There's no doubt Copeland was the best player on this team and the most important. Once he went out, an already free falling team hit the ground. We just didn't know it quite yet.

With Copeland, I believe this is a bubble team. That STILL is not acceptable for a seventh year head coach who has made the post season twice, won zero games, never produced an NBA player and defeated Creighton just once. Bubble team with this experienced of a team, these facilities, etc. isn't good enough, even WITH Cope.

With all that said, while Cope was the best player on this team, he was still an Honorable Mention caliber All Big 10 player. So for as good as Miles recruiting was on paper - and it WAS good - losing an honorable mention All Big 10 player shouldn't derail your season to this level in your seventh year of coaching.

I hope Thomas and Nana are okay and will stay in this program (along with Roby, Thor and Amir) during the coaching change. Otherwise, the new coach will inherit a program in WORSE shape than the one Miles inherited. Which is truly astounding to think about considering facilities, fan interest and support, etc.

Sorry to be so down, but I have to type this stuff out sometimes to people who actually care and understand what I'm talking about. It's therepeutic in some crazy way,.

I love Roby. He’s a great kid and his story on The Journey was really cool to see.  Hypothetically, is Roby’s ceiling not really his true ceiling if he never realizes he has another level to take his game?  I think he’s aware of it, but his personality better suited him to revert to letting others take over.  Passed up about 5 open threes and side dribbled drive only to lose the ball or pass it. Roby can hit those shots!  Well, actually he can’t if he doesn’t take them...

i think fans are frustrated because we can see the raw talent is there, but he’s afraid or hesitatant to use it. 

1 hour ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I love Roby. He’s a great kid and his story on The Journey was really cool to see.  Hypothetically, is Roby’s ceiling not really his true ceiling if he never realizes he has another level to take his game?  I think he’s aware of it, but his personality better suited him to revert to letting others take over.  Passed up about 5 open threes and side dribbled drive only to lose the ball or pass it. Roby can hit those shots!  Well, actually he can’t if he doesn’t take them...

i think fans are frustrated because we can see the raw talent is there, but he’s afraid or hesitatant to use it. 

Roby needs to be selfish.  He passes up far too many shots.  His athleticism is through the roof and he's proven he can completely take over a game (PSU, WIS, MD, NW) when given the opportunity.   He's taken 10 or more shots in only 10 times this season. 

In those 10 games he scored: 9, 15, 15, 20, 17, 18, 9, 20, 19, 17 (15.9 ppg) (33.2 mpg).  

1 hour ago, BjoeHusker said:

Roby needs to be selfish.  He passes up far too many shots.  His athleticism is through the roof and he's proven he can completely take over a game (PSU, WIS, MD, NW) when given the opportunity.   He's taken 10 or more shots in only 10 times this season. 

In those 10 games he scored: 9, 15, 15, 20, 17, 18, 9, 20, 19, 17 (15.9 ppg) (33.2 mpg).  

The fact that cherry picking stats still only gets him to 15.9 ppg tells you about his reality vs. his potential. I just don't see the high upside when the current production of a college junior is where it is. He's shooting .317 on 3s and he should be shooting more? Maybe he's showing good shot selection, while some of his teammates aren't?