uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 29 - @ Michigan

We were ranked starting the month of January. Just when you think we've seen it all as Husker fans, our basketball program has to go and F'n one up us. At 13-4 after Indiana, we were probably all thinking "even we can't screw up at least being a bubble team come March". And then came a huge middle finger to us fans from the basketball gods.

The effort tonight, I have no words for. James can't shoot, finish, or defend. Roby still doesn't know how good he should be (may never get there), and Watson and Allen are so inconsistent.

Just now, jason2486 said:

We were ranked starting the month of January. Just when you think we've seen it all as Husker fans, our basketball program has to go and F'n one up us. At 13-4 after Indiana, we were probably all thinking "even we can't screw up at least being a bubble team come March". And then came a huge middle finger to us fans from the basketball gods.

The effort tonight, I have no words for. James can't shoot, finish, or defend. Roby still doesn't know how good he should be (may never get there), and Watson and Allen are so inconsistent.

Funny.  That's exactly what I thought...

10 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

This is spot on.

Can we just beat Iowa this year? Finish with a greater than .500 record? 

-Tonight was horrible. Maybe 2-3 bright spots

-I LOVED the benching of the starters to start the second half. That takes some balls. Sends a message. 

-Amir Harris, while good at attacking the rim, seems to rush it at times and force wild shots. Saw about 2-3 tonight. He's a freshman so I'll let it slide kinda

-Nana plays hard at all times. I would've liked to see more small ball 4 lineups, but he probably needs to bulk up for that to happen. If he even comes back 

-JPJ was a non factor. While he has improved in playmaking, shot selection is still horrible, and it's a lot of "dribble dribble dribble" with him

Just beat Iowa. I want to see bohanon cry. 

2 minutes ago, tcp said:

I think we'll have completely packed it in by then, but here's to that random beam of light that shows up when you're halfway down the demon' gullet. You never know. 

I hope the fans show up for the game.  I would have to guess for as down as we are, they are just as down.  The seniors brought us bright spots.

Just now, brfrad said:

I hope the fans show up for the game.  I would have to guess for as down as we are, they are just as down.  The seniors brought us bright spots.

I just hope nothing awkward happens, like golf claps for the seniors or something. 

I can't imagine we'd do anything that gross, but I'm learning to expect surprises these days. 

26 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I'd like to see a nice showing by the fans and the players too.  It feels like we have gone full circle in a 2 year time period.  I can't get that 40-point home finale drubbing to Michigan in 2017 out of my mind.  Hope we don't see that against Iowa.

4 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

It's like the team goes from being a top five team in conference. To not giving a shit. You tell me what's wrong.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I must've misunderstood what you meant. I thought you heard or saw something specific to a team dispute after this game.