Akoy Agau -> Louisville -> Georgetown

ajb5856

Quite possible that Agau wants to end up somewhere where he can immediately play and make an impact, and does not want to compete for playing time.  One thing about our staff is if you are not ready, or not up to being on the court, you will NOT see it.  (See Fuller and Hammond)  I am ok with this too.  If Agau thought he was going to come in and start from day one and does not want to work for it, count me out.  

These are all just hypotheticals too btw.

I wish him well, but I don't see him getting much more playing time at Georgetown.  The Hoyas have 3 freshman power-forwards this year who are all pretty good players, and 2 more Top 100 post players coming in next year.

Agree.  I also wish him well, but I think this will end poorly.  I predict he ultimately transfers to a lower level where he won't have to use a transfer year.  Surprised Georgetown offered him. 

Quite possible that Agau wants to end up somewhere where he can immediately play and make an impact, and does not want to compete for playing time. One thing about our staff is if you are not ready, or not up to being on the court, you will NOT see it. (See Fuller and Hammond) I am ok with this too. If Agau thought he was going to come in and start from day one and does not want to work for it, count me out.

These are all just hypotheticals too btw.

Hard to imagine he gonna have a better chance at immediate playing time at GTown than Nebraska.

he would have been better off staying at louisville than going to georgetown.

georgetown is loaded with big guys.

How much of the decision is basketball and how much is academics/life after basketball?

Playing time at GT isn't going to be a ton easier to come by vs Louisville though at least he'll have a clean slate.  He seemed in Pitino's doghouse with the 0 time he's been receiving.

I hope this decision doesn't come back to bite miles in the butt (the decision to use the last scholly on McVeigh instead of Agau)

I could be wrong but I don't think this had anything to do with McVeigh's commitment being "the last scholly". We are still most likely going to over sign and if the coaches wanted Agau here and he wanted to come, there was the open scholly right now for him to transfer right in to and the additional scholarship would've sorted itself out in the off season. If the decision was to only take one of those 2 then the coaches obviously wanted McVeigh more.

I hope this decision doesn't come back to bite miles in the butt (the decision to use the last scholly on McVeigh instead of Agau)

I could be wrong but I don't think this had anything to do with McVeigh's commitment being "the last scholly". We are still most likely going to over sign and if the coaches wanted Agau here and he wanted to come, there was the open scholly right now for him to transfer right in to and the additional scholarship would've sorted itself out in the off season. If the decision was to only take one of those 2 then the coaches obviously wanted McVeigh more.

I dont think the coaches wanted to hold that over the current players' heads though.  They would all know if they took Agau that one of them would be gone for sure.  I'm sure someone will leave, it just natually happens, but I dont think Miles wants that playing out that way right now.

The best part about this whole thing is how much people from Central/ Omaha area high schools would talk about him/ idolize him back when he was dominating Nebraska HS hoops. Had a friend working at Paradise Bakery and said he even got to make Akoy a sandwich! Honestly though, I knew something was up when there were rumors of him transferring to an east coast school for his senior year... then when it comes time to make a college decision, he burns his Nebraska (state) fan base...twice... and is still too deluded to see that being at a less than blue chip program is what would've helped his growth as a player the most. 

Maybe he did it for the schooling, but that seems to me a bit of a reach. He wasn't a good student back at Central from what I heard. GL Akoy, I truly hope you improve enough to be a contributor at G'town