Akoy Agau -> Louisville -> Georgetown

ajb5856

On a Semi-related note

This guy goes to Creighton and I might have to cease all involvement with the sport of  basketball--or take some sort of drastic measures.

Is alcohol consumption considered a drastic measure?

It can be Norm.  Got to believe the kid wants to at least play in a major conference.

On a Semi-related note

This guy goes to Creighton and I might have to cease all involvement with the sport of  basketball--or take some sort of drastic measures.

Is alcohol consumption considered a drastic measure?

In my world, it could be considered necessary;helpful;friendly;stupid and/or...a much needed measure!

But drastic?...Not unless one of us previously quit!

Pass it over, my friend.

I will relay to Norm when I am done.

Akoy is discussing things directly through coach Miles. I agree UMKC may be an option. UNO as well. That being said, I don't know if coming him grants him immediat PT, can he play the 5? If so he will be a great option. I don't think he is better than Morrow, who will play the 4.

If he's skilled enough to play at this level, he'll play before Morrow if he's eligible right away. For starters, he's considerably bigger than Morrow and will have a head start in the weight room with two years of elite development. I think defensively and rebounding, he'll be able to do some things. We don't get to see enough of his game since he doesn't play much to really get a judge of what he can do, but I don't expect the 18 year old freshman to walk on campus and be better than Agau assuming he comes here, of course.

I was skeptical about Akoy's potential in high school and I'll continue to remain skeptical. Talent aside, his game was very incomplete coming out of high school and he's had plenty of time to work on it at Louisville. Will be interesting to see what he's added from a skills perspective. The lingering dialogue about his character issues is also concerning for any programs wanting to bring him on board.

All that said, CU would still take him but he wouldn't come there in a million years. Semi to me seems a better addition for programs needing both depth inside and talented players on the perimeter

Any updates on Akoy? I'd imagine he'd want to make a decision before the next semester starts. no?

Just looked and the Spring semester starts Jan. 12. So he has that long, plus don't they have a grace period?

That is IF he comes to Nebraska.  When are the start dates for the other schools he may be considering?  

I have to think Marquette is our biggest competition. They have openings, a good reputation, and I think Agau would enjoy playing in the Big East.

Georgetown seems like the same sort of situation as Louisville....they have like 4+ guys physically similar to Agau.

Wichita St. already has 4 guys committed for 1 open spot...not real sure there is a spot for him.

Here is a pre-surgery report from July 9, 2014, on Akoy Agau's progress at Louisville:

Pitino: Mathiang, Agau most improved

Jul 9, 2:29 PM

Rick Pitino said Wednesday sophomores Mangok Mathiang and Akoy Agau are the team's most improved players. That's great news for Louisville's frontcourt.

“The two biggest improvements on the team without question are Akoy Agau and Mangok Mathiang," Pitino said. "Akoy is a different person physically, emotionally, mentally. That’s a great thing for us because we need that position desperately. Mangok has gotten much bigger physically. He’s almost muscle-bound right now. He is cut. Those two guys really stick out.”

While Mathiang started 14 games as a freshman, Agau was seldom used off the bench. Mathiang is the expected starter at center while Agau should provide backup for PF Montrezl Harrell.

"We think Akoy is ready," Pitino said. "You won’t recognize him the way he looks. He’s taken a quantum leap, as well as Mangok. Mangok battled against Kentucky the last game of the season and now he’s physically able to battle. He’s very strong.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk