Nebraska (15-13) vs. Michigan (24-4) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

11 minutes ago, HoiBall said:
25 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

@HoiBall That hit a nerve for someone who's been bashing Miles for the past 3 weeks?

I feel sorry for you if you’re enjoying watching this. Someone once told me this is a basketball board, stick to basketball.

I just figured you of all people would enjoy the sarcasm of how poorly this game is going.

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Do some people still really think that if we keep Miles that next years team will be a 20 win team?

The only good thing about this is Miles has made it extremely easy and there should be absolute zero pushback when he gets his walking papers. 

this one's over. everyone knows it. i think it's part of the reason that players are so uninspired right now. coach has to have a job to play for, and they already know he doesn't. 

Tim's done pretty much no matter what (within the realm of reality for anyone but a couple of our dedicated contrarians). 

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

We are playing better in the second half.  The bad news is that it wasn't going to take much to play better.  BUT, the good news is that a bit of heart is showing through.  I am still upset that they didn't show up to play the game.

a lot of that is Michigan being absolutely bored by this whole affair. We're not even giving them a very good scrimmage. they can pretty much extend the lead at will and they know it. and so do we. 

make a few no-pressure shots here and there and once more we can close up a score and make the game look far better than it actually was. 

2 minutes ago, jayschool said:

You know, this just occurred to me: I wonder if Jim Harbaugh goes the basketball games? Ya think? Wouldn't that be something?

He's a superfan, harbaugh. He'd always come to A's games when he was in the Bay area. We actually have a great relationship with Harbaugh in the A's fan community. He's a lot of fun. 

1 minute ago, tcp said:

a lot of that is Michigan being absolutely bored by this whole affair. We're not even giving them a very good scrimmage. they can pretty much extend the lead at will and they know it. and so do we. 

make a few no-pressure shots here and there and once more we can close up a score and make the game look far better than it actually was. 

If Michigan is a championship caliber team, which they are, they would not be bored.  We are quick to provide angst against the program, we need to be equally quick to acknowledge when we play better.