SM on TBL...

whoopdeedoo

plans on having a sit down with coach williams in the near future---so, might want to keep an eye out for that. not sure if he meant before BTT or after the season. talked about Maddie. says she is a wonderful person and thinks she will be a good coach someday. felt bad her season was up and down. told Mik'l he would really enjoy an interview with her. Sam really likes haiby's game. thought coach williams believes she should have done a few things different----didn't elaborate---sounds like the questions will be in the interview. also thought coach williams believed they would have a better season---reaching at least 17 wins. have heard Sam state this before, but, he is really high on the gal from australia. if i heard him correctly, could be a 14-15 player. i'm assuming he means points next season? thinks the australian type of basketball---playing against others that are 3-4 years older than her along with national play is invaluable. Mik'l said watching some of her video is pretty impressive. she was the only new recruit mentioned. wish they would have shifted to wbb earlier and had a little more discussion, but....    sam still thinks they are going to be really good next season.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

plans on having a sit down with coach williams in the near future---so, might want to keep an eye out for that. not sure if he meant before BTT or after the season. talked about Maddie. says she is a wonderful person and thinks she will be a good coach someday. felt bad her season was up and down. told Mik'l he would really enjoy an interview with her. Sam really likes haiby's game. thought coach williams believes she should have done a few things different----didn't elaborate---sounds like the questions will be in the interview. also thought coach williams believed they would have a better season---reaching at least 17 wins. have heard Sam state this before, but, he is really high on the gal from australia. if i heard him correctly, could be a 14-15 player. i'm assuming he means points next season? thinks the australian type of basketball---playing against others that are 3-4 years older than her along with national play is invaluable. Mik'l said watching some of her video is pretty impressive. she was the only new recruit mentioned. wish they would have shifted to wbb earlier and had a little more discussion, but....    sam still thinks they are going to be really good next season.

what I heard was a 14 & 5 player.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If Ms Aussie can be a 14 pt scorer right away...consistently....hooray !

Desperately need consistent scores.

But won't be surprised at all, next tear, to see all of this years freshmen to be improved overall....period.  and better scorers too.  Also include existing upper class too.

Repeating once again.....but... must have ......scorers and rebouders

Put me on the record....We'll be a better and more competitive team next year.... for numerous reasons...(can discuss later)

Edited by redsteve

I am going to have to agree with SM.  I would actually go bolder, but cannot do it with the substitution pattern and it is as simple as right hand left hand.  Right now we have really 1 person ( Nicea) that finishes on the left side with any consistency and she really does not call her number enough.  Sam Haiby gets to the rim and is great at finishing, but what happens when her right hand is taken away.  What Iowa did defensively is mark the two shooters on the floor (Liegha, Hannah and Taylor), which ever 2 were on the floor at the time and take away the right side penetration from Sam.  Miss Bourne finishes equally on both sides, but more importantly she finishes right side right hand, left side left hand.  This should also profoundly help Sam Haiby as now you cannot send extra help to take away Sam's right hand. Sam will probably also become a consistent 8-12.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:23 PM, whoopdeedoo said:

More curious about that, ... than anything else.

So what does that mean ?? Done what differently ?

Edited by redsteve