I'm not mad I'm just disappointed

jdw

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Definitely out of sorts once Cope went down. The last 2 at least NU has scored 70+..... albeit when the D completely looked lost.

#sheesh

this narrative's getting pushed a little hard. we were 2-5 in Copes last 7 games. We're 2-6 since. That's pretty consistent. 

Pinning this on Cope's injury is just transference.  The Titanic was already half sunk. 

47 minutes ago, tcp said:

this narrative's getting pushed a little hard. we were 2-5 in Copes last 7 games. We're 2-6 since. That's pretty consistent. 

Pinning this on Cope's injury is just transference.  The Titanic was already half sunk. 

Nah, that's not really how it went, tho... It was *0-3, which includes the game Cope went down against OSU (a game in doubt at the time of injury). NU was 2-2 before that. Then, post-injury, those NU two home wins came against teams reeling with long losing streaks. And barely were won. Barely.

18 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Nah, that's not really how it went, tho... It was *0-3, which includes the game Cope went down against OSU (a game in doubt at the time of injury). NU was 2-2 before that. Then, post-injury, those NU two home wins came against teams reeling with long losing streaks. And barely were won. Barely.

I agree with this.  With Cope, we probably win today and Wisco.  Maybe even @Illinois.

5 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

It's really sad to think that our highest HS recruit ever (Watson) probably never makes the tourney. Just another very Nebrasketball thing to have happen to our program. I think when the Bible was written, it originally had a chapter titled "Nebraska Basketball and its fans will forever suffer".

But the apple was just so delicious.

5 hours ago, tcp said:

I think we probably win 4, possibly 5 with Copeland (OSU,Wis,Ill, and Pur) (Mary , possible) That puts us at 10 - 7 in conference playing for seeding right now. 

Copeland was avg 14 points and shooting 35 % from 3.  Tanner is avg. 2 5 and hasn't attempted a 3.  That's almost a 12 point difference.  .

Were we playing great before Copeland went down?  No, but we had 1 loss at home to MSU.   Since he went down we have 4 losses at home.  It hurt.  The ? for Moos is should it be an excuse in year 7? That's the $ 3 million question. 

I am sad and disappointed.  Partially just because we have completely squandered what should have been at least a tournament team.

But in the last couple days, I'll add some major disappointment to the list for the feelings of our coach.

As I traveled to and from the game yesterday, I really started questioning what I'm doing.  Mile's comments about the hot seat not being so hot because he'll still be a millionaire have really caused me some anger.  Not because it isn't true, clearly it is, but because it shows his lack of respect for the fan's investment in the program.  Normal guys like me make a dent in his disposable income to choose to support the program that he runs.  For him to make light of his excessive fortune that will increase with his buyout is downright offensive.

When I came home from the military, I was able to get a job that paid 45K, which I was thankful for.  When I was let go after 5 years, I was paid a 2 weeks severance.  I was let go due to a lack of work, not for performing below expectations.  I really had to scrap to keep stuff going, but I managed.

Mile's will be fired because he didn't perform his job at an acceptable level.  In doing so, he will be paid 2.5 million dollars on top of the wealth he has acquired here and we have indirectly helped pay for.  To throw this in our face should anger us all, not just those of us who don't make 6-figure incomes.  

The comments were his true feelings.  Sure afterwards, he put out an apology of sorts, but that was damage control.  

I really don't mean to make this personal, but you can all see I'm at my wits end with this program and it's coach.  To be so blatantly inconsiderate and slap me in the face as a fan makes me sad.

7 hours ago, brfrad said:

I think we probably win 4, possibly 5 with Copeland (OSU,Wis,Ill, and Pur) (Mary , possible) That puts us at 10 - 7 in conference playing for seeding right now. 

Copeland was avg 14 points and shooting 35 % from 3.  Tanner is avg. 2 5 and hasn't attempted a 3.  That's almost a 12 point difference.  .

Were we playing great before Copeland went down?  No, but we had 1 loss at home to MSU.   Since he went down we have 4 losses at home.  It hurt.  The ? for Moos is should it be an excuse in year 7? That's the $ 3 million question. 

There appears to be the usual schism among fans between the "aw shucks, a few bad breaks" perspective and the "the losing is consistent and therefore systematic" perspective. It's a fight I'm not going to engage because it's not important enough to me. I'm just saddened that Cope's injury is going to be an excuse for many people to write the season's results off as some sort of luck outcome. But it appears some of you are committed to doing that and this is your right. I'm just not biting on it, that's all. 

1 hour ago, JeffsBBall said:

I am sad and disappointed.  Partially just because we have completely squandered what should have been at least a tournament team.

But in the last couple days, I'll add some major disappointment to the list for the feelings of our coach.

As I traveled to and from the game yesterday, I really started questioning what I'm doing.  Mile's comments about the hot seat not being so hot because he'll still be a millionaire have really caused me some anger.  Not because it isn't true, clearly it is, but because it shows his lack of respect for the fan's investment in the program.  Normal guys like me make a dent in his disposable income to choose to support the program that he runs.  For him to make light of his excessive fortune that will increase with his buyout is downright offensive.

When I came home from the military, I was able to get a job that paid 45K, which I was thankful for.  When I was let go after 5 years, I was paid a 2 weeks severance.  I was let go due to a lack of work, not for performing below expectations.  I really had to scrap to keep stuff going, but I managed.

Mile's will be fired because he didn't perform his job at an acceptable level.  In doing so, he will be paid 2.5 million dollars on top of the wealth he has acquired here and we have indirectly helped pay for.  To throw this in our face should anger us all, not just those of us who don't make 6-figure incomes.  

The comments were his true feelings.  Sure afterwards, he put out an apology of sorts, but that was damage control.  

I really don't mean to make this personal, but you can all see I'm at my wits end with this program and it's coach.  To be so blatantly inconsiderate and slap me in the face as a fan makes me sad.

Theres a whole thread about this, but once again... that comment was blown wayyyyy out of proportion.  It was simply Miles being Miles.  Bad timing?  Maybe.  Shot at the fans and school?  Not a chance.

The only reason he had to issue the Twitter response was because of reactions like this.  

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Theres a whole thread about this, but once again... that comment was blown wayyyyy out of proportion.  It was simply Miles being Miles.  Bad timing?  Maybe.  Shot at the fans and school?  Not a chance.

The only reason he had to issue the Twitter response was because of reactions like this.  

I was listening to 590 AM and they brought up a good point.  They said it was Miles trying to use humor, and the fact he was telling fans not to feel sorry for him if he gets let go.

19 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I was listening to 590 AM and they brought up a good point.  They said it was Miles trying to use humor, and the fact he was telling fans not to feel sorry for him if he gets let go.

I could see this.  Anyone who has followed the program since Miles got here knows that he's "that guy" when it comes to quirkyness, jokes, and fan connection.

I feel bad for the staff; they care and they want to succeed.  It likely tears them apart that they could not find the answers.

I feel bad for the players.  I cannot be convinced that they don't care.  They want to win.  Perhaps they tried too hard (other than against PSU).  Perhaps the burden of expectations were insurmountable.  

I feel bad for the fan base.  We care.  We want to win.  We show up in blizzard conditions for goodness sake.

Dang...I feel sorry for myself, as it looks like we need to start over again.  I keep thinking we are a big man away, then we are a PG away, then I think we just lack a bit of team chemistry,  then it is a depth issue, then it is this or that...every flippin year!!!   

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Dang...I feel sorry for myself, as it looks like we need to start over again.  I keep thinking we are a big man away, then we are a PG away, then I think we just lack a bit of team chemistry,  then it is a depth issue, then it is this or that...every flippin year!!!   

The Husker Tease. It should be a thing. 

This program reminds me of a non-nude stripper: you never get to see the whole package come together. Always something being held back. 

Someday, papa. Someday. 

41 minutes ago, tcp said:

The Husker Tease. It should be a thing. 

This program reminds me of a non-nude stripper: you never get to see the whole package come together. Always something being held back. 

Someday, papa. Someday. 

Thanks a million. Now I have an image of the Shim-Shams in various stages of undress performing around a stripper's pole at center court. As if this season hasn't been horrific enough. 

3 minutes ago, throwback said:

Thanks a million. Now I have an image of the Shim-Shams in various stages of undress performing around a stripper's pole at center court. As if this season hasn't been horrific enough. 

This sounds like a personal problem...I honestly can say I rarely ever think of the Shim-Shams, and I NEVER think of them in various stages of undress. ?

Bruh Bro GIF - Bruh Bro Dead GIFs