2019 PF Josiah Allick

Huskerpapa

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10498803/Josiah-Allick

This is an interesting kid.  He has exceptional lineage that includes a mother that played college volleyball and two sisters who play at a high level.  In fact his little sister committed here prior to HS I believe.  As a HS freshman, he was 5'10" and really is a late bloomer.  He is currently 6'7" and projects out at 6'9".  He is currently a mid-major type of recruit who is now thinking of reclassifying and going the prep school route for a year.

I have watched him play a couple times this year and color me impressed.  He did not have a great game against Creighton Prep due to foul trouble, but you can see the intangibles that could make him a viable big man.  Likely projects as a PF but could play the post or perhaps even a stretch 3.

I have no clue if we are looking at him.  Good article in the LJS today about him as well.  With the chaos that is Husker basketball, I would hate to lose out on someone close to home and who seems to have ties to Husker athletics.  

https://journalstar.com/sports/high-school/basketball/boys/allick-bringing-back-memories-of-former-lincoln-basketball-prep-star/article_bce6ae66-0f71-5780-b5e8-e8809ce286be.html

Image result for josiah allick lincoln journal star

Edited by Huskerpapa

On 2/26/2019 at 9:01 PM, Huskerpapa said:

I'm telling you...Allick is a late developer and is getting better and better.  I do believe he is going to mature into a high Division I player.

You might be on to something here. Heard his coach today and thinks he is going to grow 2-3 more inches and is getting D1 interest. Wonder if prep school is in play like the article said might be a good call for him.

9 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

One coach compared him to Matt hill in a video I was watching earlier today 

Other than his hair and height, you can't compare the two. Hill was your traditional back to the basket post guy. Hill was 6'10 while Josiah is 6'7. Josiah is more athletic and has to face the basket. Hill was much stronger. Josiah also is a better shooter and can play out on the perimeter.

That being said, Hill was still a better prospect.

This is second-hand information because I got it from someone who is very close to a coach on staff but I have never talked to said coach myself. The entire coach staff of North Star considers this kid to be the best player on the team. Repeat, this is second-hand so I'm just reporting what was told to me.

4 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

This is second-hand information because I got it from someone who is very close to a coach on staff but I have never talked to said coach myself. The entire coach staff of North Star considers this kid to be the best player on the team. Repeat, this is second-hand so I'm just reporting what was told to me.

Thats 1000% false. 

54 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

It may be/probably be/most certainly be false. I trust who told me and they are related to a coach on staff but I realize sometimes people exaggerate information. Oh, and you can't have more than 100%. It's a math thing.

So if I bought something at wholesale for $10 and turned around and listed it for $100, what is the mark up? 

2 hours ago, dskurz said:

How does he not have any D1 offers, especially from UNO?

Hes a late bloomer. He was a swing JV player last year. Most DI schools have all their commits by the start of the season. That’s why he may be reclassifying. 

11 hours ago, TheGov21 said:

Hes a late bloomer. He was a swing JV player last year. Most DI schools have all their commits by the start of the season. That’s why he may be reclassifying. 

If he's a late bloomer he should reclassify 

Looks like him mom played college ball and his sisters are playing Div-1 volleyball. Seems like someone we should definitely be looking at.

If we're talking about a curly headed kid who is an undersized post player who can shoot from outside and is looking to expand his prospects by playing a year in prep that makes me think Zane Meeks.

9 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Pretty good odds we are gonna have an open spot for him. New coach or old coach we better not be leaving roster spots open from year to year anymore 

This, I know the argument is that only 8-10 kids are going to play but boy wouldn't it be nice to have more than a body for Sunday?  The thin bench this year is further proof you need to fill your ships.

22 hours ago, colhusker said:

This, I know the argument is that only 8-10 kids are going to play but boy wouldn't it be nice to have more than a body for Sunday?  The thin bench this year is further proof you need to fill your ships.

Yup I think if the roster ends up blowing up you take a chance on a guy like this. Sit him down and say no matter what you are redshirting your freshman year. We want you to put in 20 pounds of muscle and shoot 300 3s a day at practice. If he grows like expected you have a 4 year rotation player at the minimum. But I’m just a die hard fan what do I know? 

• 3 years later...