Cryptic tweet is cryptic

7 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

i'm not sure why kent would tweet this unless he has a different opinion than majority of the fanbase. and 99% of the fanbase is ready to see a new coach barring a miracle finish to this season.

I think you nailed it. From listening to Kent a lot before and after games, I get the sense he is a big Miles supporter and I suspect he is frustrated by the lack of commitment the last two Ad's have shown Miles in regards to his contract and how that has impacted the team.  This has been debated for 30 pages on another thread so no need to have that debate here.  This is just my humble opinion on it and Kent has earned the right to voice any opinion he has on Nebrasketball however he wants to air it.

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

1 hour ago, TimSmiles said:

miles probably treated kent well and has been great to the players, but the results are ultimately all that matter. 1 tourney appearance with no tourney wins in 7 years will get you fired at any power 5 school.

Except PSU.  Chambers will finish his 8th year with 0 tourney appearances. 

25 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

But at the the end of the day it’s about results. And after 7 years Miles is trending towards 5 losing seasons out of 7.

When Moos talks about being competitive in the Big Ten, this doesn't bode well for a 7 year stint:

Avg conf standing: 9.4

Avg conf standing (at rate of 14 teams): 9.8

Avg conf wins: 7.3

Avg conf wins (at rate of 20 games): 8.0

Avg conf losses: 10.4

Avg conf losses (at rate of 20 games): 11.4

Avg games behind first: 7.4

Avg % of season behind: 41%

31 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I’m sure Kent has been won over by Miles gift of gab. And they seem to have  a great working relationship. 

But at the the end of the day it’s about results. And after 7 years Miles is trending towards 5 losing seasons out of 7. 

Seems like every coach and media member loves Miles, I think his transparency and kindness goes a long ways in those circles. Is Kent almost too close to the source on this one though? I know if a good friend and colleague was on the hot seat I’d probably go down swinging for them as well. It wouldn’t make the firing any less justified.

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Seems like every coach and media member loves Miles, I think his transparency and kindness goes a long ways in those circles. Is Kent almost too close to the source on this one though? I know if a good friend and colleague was on the hot seat I’d probably go down swinging for them as well. It wouldn’t make the firing any less justified.

What's gonna happen is gonna happen.   It's OK to show some loyalty down the stretch.   Like Donovan Williams'  tweet.   Donovan's was just a respectful, loyal, kind gesture.   And it's OK for Kent to see it through the same way.   

9 minutes ago, HB said:

What's gonna happen is gonna happen.   It's OK to show some loyalty down the stretch.   Like Donovan Williams'  tweet.   Donovan's was just a respectful, loyal, kind gesture.   And it's OK for Kent to see it through the same way.   

Oh I agree, like I said I would probably feel they same way. Just saying we have to consider the source.

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I’m sure Kent has been won over by Miles gift of gab. And they seem to have  a great working relationship. 

It also could just be that a bunch of people are saying that we have always been bad and will always be bad and he disagrees and maybe it has nothing to do with who the coach is this particular year. Cryptic gonna cryptic.