Cryptic tweet is cryptic

16 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

But, that's no fun.... better to get a reaction to an earlier reaction to an initial reaction. ;)

And what he still has up isn't really any better. Would love to see him prove me wrong, man up, and say "I wrote this, but it was an unnecessary dick move on my part to fan up some frenzy" but until that happens, let's just say I'm assuming there's a magnifying glass in a handy place near his toilet at home.

Sorry this is so visceral...I just really have no patience for this type of power trip gained by kicking a good person for no reason. I studied journalism in college and have a ton of respect for the craft, and even recognizing the difference between a reporter and a columnist, crap like this is what gives the media a bad name.

Here is my final take on both the podcast and its content.  I ask myself 2 questions..

1.  Is doing a podcast something Miles would have done any other point in his career?

2.  If what Miles said and joked about something that he would have done at any other point in his career?

My answers to those two questions are both yes and therefore I am not too worried.  I stated before... I think the podcast was just Miles being Miles.

2 hours ago, ladyhusker said:

And what he still has up isn't really any better. Would love to see him prove me wrong, man up, and say "I wrote this, but it was an unnecessary dick move on my part to fan up some frenzy" but until that happens, let's just say I'm assuming there's a magnifying glass in a handy place near his toilet at home.

Sorry this is so visceral...I just really have no patience for this type of power trip gained by kicking a good person for no reason. I studied journalism in college and have a ton of respect for the craft, and even recognizing the difference between a reporter and a columnist, crap like this is what gives the media a bad name.

Yep. No doubt about it.

11 hours ago, hhcdave said:

Keep in mind, I'm someone who is livid with the results during the Miles era and think he is an awful coach (great salesman - good recruiter - but awful coach).

With that said, it's pretty dumb that he had to apologize for that comment. If you listen to the podcast, he's clearly joking about the firing thing. 

Very unfair of Sipple to post that as he did (without context). Pretty clear that was a "hit shot" on the way out the door and Steve knew that 99% of readers would have no idea the context of the quote, or he wouldn't have posted it. Not too mention the rest of the story was H-A-R-S-H.

For someone (Sipple) who got cited for a very embarrassing public indecent incident in the early 2000's, I would expect Sipple to have a little more empathy for someone in the public eye and a little more empathetic. Still surprised HE kept his job after that.

Completely agree, I have been off the Miles bandwagon for a couple years now and I think he is terrible in game, especially out of a timeout.

But I really like him and wish him the best. 

I think you hit the nail on the head Matt.  This kinda/sorta reminds me of the final year of Moe Iba.  Iba took a lot of heat for various reasons, one legit, the others likely due to style points.  But in his final year, he had a very good and talented team, and then the star of the show, Dave Hoppen went down with a knee injury.  Devastating.  Many thought the season was over and the heat on Iba was palpable.  We ended up going to the NCAA tournament...and Moe walked away once the season was over.  The Danny Nee era then began.  

The following is a good read, and one of may excellent Husker Hoop Central interviews by Dave:

HHC: The immediate

success you had at Nebraska was quite amazing, and we

have to get your opinion on the whole “football school”

label that Nebraska has had on its forehead for decades.

Does that make it more difficult for basketball to

succeed, and was it that way when you were in Lincoln?

MI: Well, I’ve always

said that the best time of my life was when I was at

Nebraska, and I’ve always said this about Nebraska.

Because of the fans and facilities, and because of it

just being the University of Nebraska - If you can’t win

in basketball at the University of Nebraska, you can’t

coach.

18 hours ago, hhcdave said:

Keep in mind, I'm someone who is livid with the results during the Miles era and think he is an awful coach (great salesman - good recruiter - but awful coach).

With that said, it's pretty dumb that he had to apologize for that comment. If you listen to the podcast, he's clearly joking about the firing thing. 

Very unfair of Sipple to post that as he did (without context). Pretty clear that was a "hit shot" on the way out the door and Steve knew that 99% of readers would have no idea the context of the quote, or he wouldn't have posted it. Not too mention the rest of the story was H-A-R-S-H.

For someone (Sipple) who got cited for a very embarrassing public indecent incident in the early 2000's, I would expect Sipple to have a little more empathy for someone in the public eye and a little more empathetic. Still surprised HE kept his job after that.

Being one of the younger fans out here, I wasn't and am not aware of this incident with Sip back in the early 2000's.  Do you mind expounding about that?

Just now, soxnskers said:

Being one of the younger fans out here, I wasn't and am not aware of this incident with Sip back in the early 2000's.  Do you mind expounding about that?

Please do not because it's not like a hit job fixes a hit job here. Internet search engines will typically provide the answers one is looking for.

7 minutes ago, soxnskers said:

The journalism style police arrested him for tortured syntax and too many strained metaphors. They dropped the charges of comma abuse, but he still hasn't learned.

Edited by jayschool

4 minutes ago, jayschool said:

The journalism style police arrested him for bad syntax and too many mixed metaphors. They dropped the charges of comma abuse, but he still hasn't learned.

I'm thisclose to downvoting you for not including a semicolon reference here.