Nebraska (15-11) vs. Penn State (9-16) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

I feel bad for the players. They are trying hard, playing hard.

You have to have trust in the ones leading you to be successful. They obviously do not

Bullshit, their effort sucked by D1 standards, as did the coaches. Equal blame all around. 95 points to PSU. Let that sink in.

Edited by jason2486

1 minute ago, Cazzie22 said:

Purdue is trying to lose at Indiana.  I can’t see this Husker group playing with much faith or passion at the Michigan schools.

Funny you say that, because I was telling a friend today I could see us playing better in those 2 games versus an empty pathetic environment tonight. I hope I'm right.

Just now, jason2486 said:

Funny you say that, because I was telling a friend today I could see us playing better in those 2 games versus an empty pathetic environment tonight. I hope I'm right.

Man, that game tonight ticks me off. NU is so freakin' casual. JPJ, Glynn, & Roby seem to be somewhat lukewarm. I don't get it. I hope the fire returns on Saturday. Huskers need to beat Purdue. GBR !!!

18 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

I feel bad for the players. They are trying hard, playing hard.

You have to have trust in the ones leading you to be successful. They obviously do not

Bull.  We have enough talent that the players could play without a coach, plays, ect and not lose by 30 to PSU.  The players didn't play hard, Timmeh didn't do much to coach em, and this whole season is over.  I saw it tonight.  Everyone has thrown in the towel. 

Our season ended with Cope's injury vs Ohio State. We were playing poorly before that, but his injury pushed it over the cliff. 

Nowhere near enough offense without him on the floor ... and we weren't exactly lighting the world on fire in B1G play before his injury.

Too many good coaches in this league who spent the summer scouting our players extensively, and our coaches just haven't been able to adjust or come up with ways to make it easier on our guys to find offense during the entire league slate. Those issues have been significantly magnified without Cope.

Tonight it was a defensive/rebounding issue, but the disappointing season ultimately comes down to our inability to score in league play.

Edited by throwback

We played about as poorly as a team can play.  I was more than upset.  Now, I am once again just sad.  I feel bad for the team.  Yeah, they played like crap, but hey, they are our team.  Things have to change, I will keep it as simple as that.  I will not hate on anyone...but things have to change.  

18 hours ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Gotta make your free ones Thor..

I kind of like Thor’s game but when I saw him shot free throws I almost puled!

Both were bricks and both came off the frickin palm of his hand! No fingertips at all! Unbelievable!

Later Harris shot two brick free throws that had zero chance of going in! 

Hard to watch at the D1 level..,,

1 hour ago, bkamler said:

I kind of like Thor’s game but when I saw him shot free throws I almost puled!

Both were bricks and both came off the frickin palm of his hand! No fingertips at all! Unbelievable!

Later Harris shot two brick free throws that had zero chance of going in! 

Hard to watch at the D1 level..,,

"Puled"--a cross between puked and hurled.  ?  Very appropriate!