Nebraska (15-11) vs. Penn State (9-16) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, hhcscott said:
3 minutes ago, atskooc said:

My ten-year-old daughter, who knows nothing about basketball, just looked at the score and said, “This is bad. This is very bad.”

Have her submit a resume for the coaching staff..

Just email it to Marc Boehm. We all know he'll at least be around when all these coaching changes take effect.

1 minute ago, Huskerone said:

Probably changing the channel.  On tonight's game, the season, and Tim Miles.  You folks that stick around, god bless ya.

I hope the new coach knows what he's getting into.  Look forward to welcoming the new guy when it happens.

Thanks for at least being respectful about it, unlike some other recent lurkers on the board. Hopefully we can change the momentum sooner than not and get this ship back in the right direction real soon!

In 2015, we finished on a nine-game losing streak, and we lost 11 of the last 12.

This is looking like a seven-game losing streak and another six-gamer surrounding that two-game winning streak. How can we even dream to beat Purdue, Michigan, MSU, Iowa, or even Penn State if we play them again in the tourney. The only matchup that would allow us to win another game would be NW in the tourney, and that's not gonna happen because they're likely to be the 14 seed, and we won't finish 11th. We'll be in the 12-13 game against Indiana or Penn State. I hate college basketball, and if Iowa wins on some lucky heave again tonight, I may not go to work tomorrow (because it's another shite day here in Iowa City).

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Really puzzling. We have everything to play for but we look like a team that’s ready to get to the offseason.

It’s almost like their coach went on a podcast to talk about how he was most likely going to get fired and tried to make everyone feel sorry for him. 

That’ll give the kids some confidence!

1 minute ago, HoiBall said:

It’s almost like their coach went on a podcast to talk about how he was most likely going to get fired and tried to make everyone feel sorry for him. 

That’ll give the kids some confidence!

I didn’t mind the podcast, but in hindsight he was gonna get hammered for it if they played like crap. Already saw a tweet saying maybe more film watching and less podcasting. Again don’t mind him doing that, but he’s gotta know he will get lit up for it, if his team lays an egg a day later.