A strategy?

rwmctrofholz

19 minutes ago, rwmctrofholz said:

If* we beat Penn State tonight and if* we beat Purdue on Saturday, should Nebraska concede the Michigan game and go all in on preparing for Michigan State?  Feeling like we've got to have one of those two games in order to get in.

I also thought Osborne should have kicked the extra point in 1983.

Interesting thought but I think you prepare to win every single game.  These are college kids and you never know when you run into a team whose star player is distracted by girlfriend issues, etc.  What I remember from Mich. St is that it wasn't Ward who killed us but it was Winston owning Watson.  If that script doesn't change, I'm not sure it matters who Michigan State is without as it seems like they go as Winston goes and we go as Watson goes.  Also, Michigan doesn't appear to be firing on all cylinders at the moment, so who knows, maybe we can pick one off from them.

Also, just noticed that Michigan plays Michigan St. a few days before our game with them so hopefully they beat Mich. St in a thriller and have a bit of an emotional let down against us!

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

If we go 2-0 this week, we need to prepare for every game.  At that point, we are sitting at 1 win getting us very very near the bubble.  Possibly in.  1 win and 1-1 in the Big 10 tourney probably gets us in.  I personally don't believe that we HAVE to beat MU or MSU on the road to get in.  

So no, we want to win every game from here on out.

1 hour ago, Mr. Red said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with last year's compressed conference schedule, wasn't our record shockingly good in the one and two day prep games?  Too lazy to look it up.

perhaps we aren't very good at prep and it is likely others had shorter than usual prep against us in many of those

6 minutes ago, royalfan said:

perhaps we aren't very good at prep and it is likely others had shorter than usual prep against us in many of those

Or we were athletic enough (and prepared well enough) that short prep time didn't affect us the way it might a less athletic or less prepared team? IIRC our opponents had more of a normal rest period (or at least more than one day) prior to our games against them, at least for the most part.

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

"There is nothing after tonight until it's tomorrow." — Friedrich Naismith, James' nihilist half-brother

Sounds like a song from Rent. Or Annie. I know, they're so similar. 

Rental Annie? Hmm...probably bad form. Or a Heart song. 

I need to turn this noggin off and get this game underway. 

19 hours ago, rwmctrofholz said:

If* we beat Penn State tonight and if* we beat Purdue on Saturday, should Nebraska concede the Michigan game and go all in on preparing for Michigan State?  Feeling like we've got to have one of those two games in order to get in.

I also thought Osborne should have kicked the extra point in 1983.

You obviously never played sports.  If you are a competitor, you never concede anything.

3 hours ago, kldm64 said:

You obviously never played sports.  If you are a competitor, you never concede anything.

53 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Like the rest of a season where there is still 5 games minimum to play and 3 wins gets you on the bubble of dancing?  Where a run at the end of the season allows you to automatically dance?

I fear that we don't have many competitors on our team right now...