Scouting Northwestern

hhcmatt

Currently sitting with the worst offense in conference, defense is more towards the top. We're looking at a rock fight Saturday.

It's sort of surprising to look back at the last 3 years of Northwestern and they've struggled to shoot.

Some of the issue is not having the replacement for Bryant McIntosh 

VIc Law is taking the most shots, has been struggling in conference. Great defender and probably draws Palmer

Same deal for Evansville Grad transfer Ryan Taylor in terms of struggle for a guy who put up 20ppg there

Dererk Pardon has been money in the paint as usual

Barret Benson is the traditional center who still plays as Pardon's backup and despite the size just isn't as good.

Stretch 4 Aaron Falzon was out with a bad ankle most of the year. He adds some much needed 3pt ability though that's about all he does.

Miller Kopp was starting with Falzon out but he's basically an undersized Falzon though he is capable of doing something besides shooting 3s

Anthony Gaines is the starting PG but can't shoot.  Gets to the line a lot though.

Boston College transfer AJ Turner is sort of a David Rivers type player.  If NW wants to get weird and have no one under 6'7" on the court he's your PG.

Jordan Ash never really developed and the sr pg/sg is done for the year

Fr PG Ryan Greer rarely plays and also struggles to shoot.

Larry Nance's other kid Pete is on the team but has been out with mono for a month (and easn't playing well when healthy)  Ideally he'd be their starting stretch 4

They've toyed with playing Benson and Pardon together but don't think they do much of that against a smaller Nebraska squad.

Seems like  we can get away with Brady playing the 4 against Falzon and his lack of driving ability.

Most winnable game left, so if we're going to avoid a losing record, we're going to need this one. 

It's going to be bad enough not making the postseason, but I definitely do not want this team to finish with a losing record. 

We only need two more I think to ensure .500 at worst. This has to be one of those two. 

3 hours ago, tcp said:

Most winnable game left, so if we're going to avoid a losing record, we're going to need this one. 

It's going to be bad enough not making the postseason, but I definitely do not want this team to finish with a losing record. 

We only need two more I think to ensure .500 at worst. This has to be one of those two. 

Yep. Exactly.