Truly Astounding Stat Line (TB)

31 min
0 points (0-0 FG, 0-0 FT)
0 rebounds
0 blocks
0 steals
1 assist

We need to put up a plaque in PBA that reads, “This plaque is dedicated to the effort and statistical anomaly on display, February 13th, versus the Minnesota Gophers, by Nebrasketball senior-center, Tanner Borchardt.”

Flat-out amazing that someone can play over 3/4 of the game and nearly record zero traditional statistical output. To me, it shows that must have been doing EVERYTHING else right that Miles was asking him to do, and boxing out multiple Minnesota guys so that teammates could get boards.

”Stats don’t matter. Wins do.” Tanner Borchardt, probably. 

I briefly mentioned this in another thread.  The dude was out there working his butt off.  I was surprised that when I looked at the board about midway through the second half, he was pretty much zeroed out.  I also noticed that the Minnesota bigs had points in excess of 25 and rebounds in the 15 range, while our bigs were at about 4 points and 3 rebounds.  Isaiah scored another basket and grabbed perhaps one more rebound.  That said, I thought both of our bigs (along with Brady) were not played like slugs.  It was a wierd statistically night.

But you were probably right, Tanner likely didn't notice the stats.

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

31 min
0 rebounds
0 blocks
0 steals
1 assist

We need to put up a plaque in PBA that reads, “This plaque is dedicated to the effort and statistical anomaly on display, February 13th, versus the Minnesota Gophers, by Nebrasketball senior-center, Tanner Borchardt.”

Flat-out amazing that someone can play over 3/4 of the game and nearly record zero traditional statistical output. To me, it shows that must have been doing EVERYTHING else right that Miles was asking him to do, and boxing out multiple Minnesota guys so that teammates could get boards.

So, give 10 more minutes to Brady Heiman and the other 21 to ... Thor?

And Jordan Murphy goes off for 40 points and Minnesota wins by 20.

41 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

So, give 10 more minutes to Brady Heiman and the other 21 to ... Thor?

And Jordan Murphy goes off for 40 points and Minnesota wins by 20.

That’s my point. He had to have been doing everything else you can’t find on a stat sheet perfectly. Because obviously there wasn’t another option. 

I remember years ago reading about NBA bench players trying desperately to avoid the "trillion" stat line.  One minute played with nary a stat.

Guys go in who rarely play and jack up a quick shot, get a foul...something...just to get a stat.

Edited by atskooc

12 minutes ago, atskooc said:

I remember years ago reading about NBA bench players trying desperately to avoid the "trillion" stat line.  One minute played with nary a stat.

Guys go in who rarely play and jack up a quick shot, get a foul...something...just to get a stat.

Former Ohio St walkon Mark Titus made a career out of embracing this 

http://clubtrillion.blogspot.com/

4 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Anyway... Tanner might not pad the stat line, but who’s gonna be that “lunch pail” guy on the roster next year? I don’t see anybody.

Starts with “T.”

Ends with “horir Thorbjarnarson.”

we're 1-5 since tanner replaced copeland and have been horrific on offense. 57 ppg with tanner vs 73 ppg with copeland.

i'm not saying there's a better option on the bench, but we have been terrible since tanner has been in the starting lineup.

those of you praising tanner's all zero statline are just making me laugh. hopefully the next coach can recruit a legit big man and not resort to starting walkons.

Edited by TimSmiles

44 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

we're 1-5 since tanner replaced copeland and have been horrific on offense.

I don't want to be a broken record, but the wheels were starting to fall of before Copeland got injured. I still don't know what started getting into this team, but things weren't clicking. And then the injury just escalated it.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:22 PM, basketballjones said:

31 min
0 rebounds
0 blocks
0 steals
1 assist

Yep. Your last two sentences. Tanner is a beast.

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I don't want to be a broken record, but the wheels were starting to fall of before Copeland got injured. I still don't know what started getting into this team, but things weren't clicking. And then the injury just escalated it.

disagree. had 1 bad loss at rutgers. the 5 other losses were to tourney teams. 

we were struggling but far from wheels falling off. 

Edited by TimSmiles