We have the best basketball fanbase!

PimpMario

After 19 years of futility, after a 7 game losing streak the fans still showed up.  We easily have the best turnout to result ratio of any team at any level.

Maybe it has something to do with hope forged by disappointment that has made the fanbase steely; the resolve this fanbase has is unmatched.

Either way when we got loud last night I was proud.

I do think it's telling that they've all but given up on the Runza noise meter thing. Last night it went up a couple times but didn't really get much above 92. I was so looking forward to a free burger today, too, but I'm also five months pregnant and was out-shouting most of the sections around me, so there's that.

Crowd was present for the most part, which I appreciate. But I'm not about to fall all over the place congratulating ourselves for how amazing we are. Help pitch in to earn me some Runza and then I'll start dropping accolades like "best ever" but I'm burger-less and hungry today (and the lunch I brought to work doesn't sound so wonderful right now) so nope.

24 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

I do think it's telling that they've all but given up on the Runza noise meter thing. Last night it went up a couple times but didn't really get much above 92.

Well, the noise meter was at 97.8 when it was ripped from the screen, and a big play had just happened.... it was gonna be "free Runza" but it was literally ripped from our grubby lil' hands. At least the game wasn't ripped from us !!! GBR !!!

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

Well, the noise meter was at 97.8 when it was ripped from the screen, and a big play had just happened.... it was gonna be "free Runza" but it was literally ripped from our grubby lil' hands. At least the game wasn't ripped from us !!! GBR !!!

May have lost the Runzas, but we didn't lose the game!

8 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yeah, I certainly don't need to eat *another one (this week)! ha!

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF.

I must have missed it getting that high, but that's nice. Didn't seem like I noticed it up there getting even close to that most of the game...and I was pretty invested, for the most part anyway. Do not step between a pregnant woman and her red meat.

43 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

I do think it's telling that they've all but given up on the Runza noise meter thing. Last night it went up a couple times but didn't really get much above 92. I was so looking forward to a free burger today, too, but I'm also five months pregnant and was out-shouting most of the sections around me, so there's that.

Crowd was present for the most part, which I appreciate. But I'm not about to fall all over the place congratulating ourselves for how amazing we are. Help pitch in to earn me some Runza and then I'll start dropping accolades like "best ever" but I'm burger-less and hungry today (and the lunch I brought to work doesn't sound so wonderful right now) so nope.

I only look pregnant (it's my first) but I would have been with you making noise had I been there.

43 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF.

I must have missed it getting that high, but that's nice. Didn't seem like I noticed it up there getting even close to that most of the game...and I was pretty invested, for the most part anyway. Do not step between a pregnant woman and her red meat.

That was merely a split second it showed the 97.8. And, gimme a Runza double cheeseburger any day over a Runza sandwich. ? ? ?

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, PimpMario said:

After 19 years of futility, after a 7 game losing streak the fans still showed up.  We easily have the best turnout to result ratio of any team at any level.

Maybe it has something to do with hope forged by disappointment that has made the fanbase steely; the resolve this fanbase has is unmatched.

Either way when we got loud last night I was proud.

I agree about last night. That was a hard game to cheer. And the fans did a good job of sensing what was what and responding, even if it had to be prompted. They did good. They had to work a little last night. 

It's the one positive from not having any major league sports in the state and very few nearby (basically KC). The university gets all the athletic attention.