uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 25 - vs. Minnesota

uneblinstu

- Glynn and Palmer were great tonight. If there is going to be any flicker of a hope of a miracle, this needs to be the main ingredient.

- It was kinda Roby roulette tonight.

- I don't care how they won it, I'm just thrilled they did. I hope that takes the pressure off.

- Kelly Pfeifer had himself a day.

- Tom Allen had a helluva game.

- I like the basketball IQ of both Thor and Amir. Just need to get them coached up to score a bit.

Edited by uneblinstu

That was intense. I haven't been watching that closely during the losing streak sure to vacation, but when was the last time Roby actually took one of those twenty open looks he gets from three instead of pumping and driving into a turnover? Huge night for Glynn to get the silverback off his back. Always fun to make dick Jr leave a game cussing the ref

The Good:

- Attacking the basket

- Finishing at the basket!!!

- Good Glynn...as he goes, this team goes

- Solid defensive contribution by Amir 

- For the love of god we actually figured out we can use a timeout to stop a run before we got down double figures

The Bad:

Glynn's FT Shooting - it certainly looks mental at this point

Jordy's, I mean Roby's hands of stone

The Bizarre but Funny:

Miles post game hump day joke - classic Miles

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

28 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

- Glynn and Palmer were great tonight. If there is going to be any flicker of a hope of a miracle, this needs to be the main ingredient.

- It was kinda Roby roulette tonight.

- I don't care how they won it, I'm just thrilled they did. I hope that takes the pressure off.

- Kelly Pfeifer had himself a day.

- Tom Allen had a helluva game.

- I like the basketball IQ of both Thor and Amir. Just need to get them coached up to score a bit.

That Hobbit from the Shire always has him self a day.

Notes

*-Nebraska shot 50 percent from the field, its best shooting night since shooting .533 vs. Creighton on Dec. 8. NU's 52 percent first half shooting was its best since the second half against Maryland on Jan. 2 and the first time NU shot 50 percent in a half since the second half at Indiana on Jan. 14.

*-Husker coach Tim Miles won his 50th conference game at Nebraska with the victory. Only three other Husker coaches (Joe Cipriano, Danny Nee and Moe Iba) won 50 conference games at the school.

*-James Palmer Jr. now has 12 20-point games this season, which is the most by a Husker since Terran Petteway in 2014-15 (13).  Palmer has now reached double figures in 24 of the Huskers’ 25 contests, as he finished with a game-high 24 points. Palmer has reached double figures in 21 consecutive games dating back to Nov. 20.

*-With the victory tonight, Nebraska has now won seven of the last 10 contests against Minnesota. 11 of the last 12 meetings have now been won by the home team dating back to 2012.

*-Nebraska trailed by 11 points and came back to win, the biggest deficit the Huskers have come back from to win this season. The previous largest deficit overcome to win was seven against Oklahoma State. The 11-point deficit marked the eighth time Nebraska has overcome a double-digit deficit under Tim Miles.

*-Brady Heiman’s basket was his first since Dec. 29th. On the season, he is 6-of-6 against Minnesota from the floor.

*-Thomas Allen corralled nine rebounds tonight, a new career high. His previous best was six caroms vs. Penn State last month.

*-Nebraska now has 19 20-point games from Husker players in 2018-19.

*-This was Nebraska's first win this season after trailing at halftime. The Huskers trailed 31-30 at the break.

*-The Huskers shot 50.0 percent (24-48) from the field and are now 5-0 when shooting 50.0 percent or better this season.

*-With his eight free throws made against Minnesota, Palmer moved into a sixth on NU's single-season chart with 149. He passed Aleks Maric, who had 147.

4 minutes ago, TomEadesSucks said:

Roby absolutely needs to cut down the turnovers. We had several chances to put some distance between us and the Goofs, but those turnovers hurt us. Also, man do I (and the team) miss Cope's ability to make offensive putbacks (not to mention everything else he provided).

he pretty much has to be a 20-10 guy for us to make a run. he's not done well the last 2 games. luckily plamer and watson showed up tonight.

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

Man, so many of those turnovers are just B.R.U.T.A.L.

Had 5 of our 11 tonight along with that magical pass to Watson in the corner. 

Did a good job of not fouling out and having Murphy run him over for the offensive charge at the end.

Just now, hhcmatt said:

Had 5 of our 11 tonight along with that magical pass to Watson in the corner. 

Did a good job of not fouling out and having Murphy run him over for the offensive charge at the end.

Also true. That charge was the play that changed the way the final 30 sec played out. Props to Roby for staving the course, despite the horrible turnovers.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TRAVEL ON A BASELINE OUT OF BOUNDS PLAY

This was egregiously called in the 2003 Final 4 with Kansas vs Syracuse. Don’t remember situation.  Know I got into a big argument about it though. 

They were talking about it tonight on the BTN postgame and maybe Hummel and Katz need to actually know the rules before they call out Glenn on that throw in. 

You can do the Tommy Boy maniac dance on the baseline if you want on a stationary throw in.  As long as you don’t leave the throw in ‘box’ there is no such thing as a travel on a throw in. 

Other misunderstood rules miscalls.   

1. Offense throws a pass during live play that gets deflected and gets called for a foul trying to recover a loose ball. This is a team control foul therefore no FT awarded unless the defense gains possession prior to the foul .  

2.  Catch. Hop. Jump shot. It’s a travel. 

3.  Rebounding your own airball is NOT a travel.  

4.  Recovering a loose ball and sliding across the floor is NOT a travel (rules changed recently so I’ll give a pass to some)

Edited by TZAHL