Minnesota (16-8) vs. Nebraska (13-11) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Probably a long shot...8-12 gets us in contention if we can win out at home and win @PSU. Again, long shot but let’s see what we can do now that we broke the streak. 

gotta see how the guys respond to catching a break. this team is streaky in every way that matters. and it's just a plausible that they can get hot as a team again since they tend to go cold the same way. 

I think it's a long shot, given the rest of their schedule, obviously. They pissed away an enormous opportunity. But stranger things have happened. 

9 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

hopefully we can get these next 2 to at least make the final stretch of the season somewhat interesting. NW on 5 game losing streak, and we already have proven we can beat penn st. both should be winnable if we play like we did tonight.

Get these next two and we get a Purdue game at home against a team we were up against on the road.  Big one again Saturday!

9 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

it was definitely a foul, but refs will let that go a lot of times at the end of the game. 

That's because they suck.  Ref the game, and not the player or the time.  They are so bad and Inconsistent they are sucking the joy out of the game.  May give up watching the sport 

Edited by HB

1 minute ago, HB said:

That's they suck.  Ref the game, and not the player or the time.  They are so bad and Inconsistent they are sucking the joy out of the game.  May give up watching the sport 

i think they made the right call. i'm just saying the refs swallow their whistle a lot in that situation. would not have been surprised if it had been a no call.

Edited by TimSmiles

1 minute ago, TimSmiles said:

i think they made the right call. i'm just saying the refs swallow their whistle a lot in that situation. would not have been surprised if it had been a no call.

I agree they do that.  Was surprised the guy had the guts to call it.  But screw them anyway for selectivness in calling the game.  If I was this bad at my job I would have gone bankrupt several times.  

7 hours ago, HB said:

That's they suck.  Ref the game, and not the player or the time.  They are so bad and Inconsistent they are sucking the joy out of the game.  May give up watching the sport 

I've been saying and thinking the same thing all year - I used to be a CBB junkie. Would stay up late at night on the road and watch whoever was on the west coast game just because I loved watching the game. 

The game has gotten too physical. A foul could be called on every play but the refs are way too inconsistent and seem to pick & choose when they blow the whistle. We saw it last night and while it went Nebraska's way (for once), it takes a lot of the joy out of the game.