MARYLAND GAME THREAD 2-14-19

redsteve

We played zone in the first half and played pretty close.  Also I thought the ball movement in the second quarter is as good as I've seen all year from this group.  

Not sure what planetary alignment was used to think we could match up playing man in the third quarter, but I digress.  Not sure we're as far as everyone thinks we are.  We really do need a point guard badly and that is not a knock on either of the two we use at point.  One is a converted 2 ( 7pts., 7to's and a technical is not going to get it done from and the technical was brought up cause the point has to be a leader and example).  The other converted combo guard ( 1asst. and 3 to's also not going to get it done).  The other thing really needed is a mid game, we need the to be able to get defenses to collapse to get room for both the shooters and posts.  That being said, I did see Nicea make a couple good pull ups and Liegha has all the tools to shred teams in the mid.  Finally we need a defensive identity and the attitude ( swag) that comes with it ie. ( we're removing the three point line from your game or you come into our beloved paint your getting hammered).

A a pg and a bit of tude and I think we're in the mix.