MARYLAND GAME THREAD 2-14-19

redsteve

5 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Officials have no bearing on this game.  Some bad calls sure, but Maryland is too good.

True, had nothing to do with the outcome if the game.  But that doesn't excuse gross incompetence.   There needs to be accountability for such inconsistency.    Just because it doesn't affect the outcome doesn't mean it should stand .    

Edited by HB

5 minutes ago, HB said:

True, had nothing to do with the outcome if the game.  But that doesn't excuse gross incompetence.   There needs to be accountability for such inconsistency.    Just because it doesn't affect the outcome doesn't mean it should stand .    

Tonia Napier is a quality official, don’t know enough about the other two.  Women’s BB officiating in general is poor but the bad calls aren’t responsible for their clear superiority 

Edited by Cazzie22
Spelling

1 minute ago, Cazzie22 said:

Tonia Napier is a quality official, don’t know enough about the other two.  Women’s BB officiating in general is poor but the bad calls aren’t responufor their clear superiority 

I have made it quite clear that I am not blaming the refs for the outcome of the game or Maryland's "clear superiority."   I am only blaming them for being terrible.  

Tonia Napier is a quality official, don’t know enough about the other two.  Women’s BB officiating in general is poor but the bad calls aren’t responsible for their clear superiority 
I'm saying she is a bad ref. She was the one that called the foul on nicea last year.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Maryland will probably make the sweet sixteen, and probably the elite 8 depending on draw.....maybe farther. Their guard play needs a bit more scoring and steals, etc.  They don't really have a dominate post, but numerous excellent forwards.

They don't turnover the ball much at all.  All are athletic and can shoot...no surprise they're getting better nationally.

Edited by redsteve

10 minutes ago, mwm89 said:

Gotta think, at least hope, it's sinking in with the staff.

Don't believe you all are saying anything they don't already know. 

The recruits are improving, and a new bunch coming. It takes time, time and more time, better recruits. We're getting better. Next year will be another big step forward.

Absolutely don't think we're going backward. 

Maryland's team didn't suddenly appear out of no where. 

Edited by redsteve

3 hours ago, redsteve said:

Don't believe you all are saying anything they don't already know. 

The recruits are improving, and a new bunch coming. It takes time, time and more time, better recruits. We're getting better. Next year will be another big step forward.

Absolutely don't think we're going backward. 

Maryland's team didn't suddenly appear out of no where. 

Exactly.   My comment was a bit tongue in cheek.  Last year seemed to suggest- to perhaps a few- that we have already arrived.  As each class comes in, with at least equal if not even higher level talent, and they develop, we should see the product we hope to. 

Edited by mwm89