Actual Attendance

hhcmatt

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Penn St's box score showed 9120 in attendance last night which is not an actual number.

This is something our box score shows and I feel we are in the minority in this.  Does anyone remember when we started this and why?  

Lee Barfknecht pushed the issue with the prior AD. And Eichorst obliged (likely with Mark Boehm's input).

12 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Lee Barfknecht pushed the issue with the prior AD. And Eichorst obliged (likely with Mark Boehm's input).

Lee also started the "reporter's estimated" attendance in Nee's final season.  Being a Nee supporter, it irked me at the time.  In retrospect, Danny should have left a year or two earlier, anyway.  That seems to be kind of a recurring theme around here...

2 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Lee also started the "reporter's estimated" attendance in Nee's final season.  Being a Nee supporter, it irked me at the time.  In retrospect, Danny should have left a year or two earlier, anyway.  That seems to be kind of a recurring theme around here...

Moe Iba probably felt the same way, huh?!

15 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I've been waiting to make a "through these gates walk the fans who thought the coach should have been fired two years ago" joke and finally I found the place to put it!

35 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I was thinking this was a Steve Pederson deal but the box score pdfs are all jacked from the Collier era so I can't pinpoint the year we started it.  Bill Byrne was there until 2002 I believe so he hired Collier.

15 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I was thinking this was a Steve Pederson deal but the box score pdfs are all jacked from the Collier era so I can't pinpoint the year we started it.  Bill Byrne was there until 2002 I believe so he hired Collier.

Yeah, on second thought, I certainly could have been under Pedersen. It's all blurry, the years all go together in Nebrasketball's annals. It's definitely LeeBo who caused it to occur.

10 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I think/feel tonight's game attendance will be a season low tonight.

8:00 start, mid week game, losing streak...

I will be there still yelling for us to get out of,the funk. 

Just win baby!!?

Sliver's back. Time to win for the Big Guy! GBR !!!

A's baseball fans love this topic. Actual versus paid. 

We typically land on "paid" because our actual is generally pathetic. And as the smallest of the "small" market teams (cough), the paid part's more useful in knowing how badly ownership is holding out on salaries. On the other hand, a very vocal minority loves actual, because few things are more disorienting than announced attendance of 11k and you're pretty sure that you could literally count every body in the stands during a Tuesday night game against the Mariners. 

Personally, I think they should publish both with an A and P designation. Both are useful to know. 

1 hour ago, tcp said:

A's baseball fans love this topic. Actual versus paid. 

We typically land on "paid" because our actual is generally pathetic. And as the smallest of the "small" market teams (cough), the paid part's more useful in knowing how badly ownership is holding out on salaries. On the other hand, a very vocal minority loves actual, because few things are more disorienting than announced attendance of 11k and you're pretty sure that you could literally count every body in the stands during a Tuesday night game against the Mariners. 

Personally, I think they should publish both with an A and P designation. Both are useful to know. 

I believe Nebrasketball does have both figures available.

Yeah, the LJS listed the attendance at the Husker game last evening at 15000 +.  I don't think so.  The student section behind the benches was perhaps 4/5 full and behind the basket was likely 1/5 full of students.  Fans from the upper section filtered down and filled that area up; but the upper tier was then perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 full. Other seats throughout the arena were empty as well.  I guessed attendance last night at about 10,000.  

Very, very disappointed with the student attendance.

4 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah, the LJS listed the attendance at the Husker game last evening at 15000 +.  I don't think so.  The student section behind the benches was perhaps 4/5 full and behind the basket was likely 1/5 full of students.  Fans from the upper section filtered down and filled that area up; but the upper tier was then perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 full. Other seats throughout the arena were empty as well.  I guessed attendance last night at about 10,000.  

Very, very disappointed with the student attendance.

Close. Actual was 11,481

11 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I was very happily surprised.. The team needs to know that many are still there for them.

At the end of all of this then I will try to wade through all that will be coming down the road.

Considering a 7-game slide, 11.5k is a very good number. At the Bob, that likely would've been only 6.5k under similar circumstances.

Edited by AuroranHusker

15 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Considering a 7-game slide, 11.5k is a very good number. At the Bob, that likely would've been only 6.5k under similar circumstances.

meh...I was disappointed with the lack of student attendance.  I am sure others will provide excuses, but it certainly seems shallow that they will show when we are winning and then fail to support their team when it is struggling.  The same thing takes place with football.  Yeah, I came from a different time, it simply baffles me.

Modern Family Jay Pritchett GIF - ModernFamily JayPritchett GoodOldDays GIFs

29 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

meh...I was disappointed with the lack of student attendance.  I am sure others will provide excuses, but it certainly seems shallow that they will show when we are winning and then fail to support their team when it is struggling.  The same thing takes place with football.  Yeah, I came from a different time, it simply baffles me.

Modern Family Jay Pritchett GIF - ModernFamily JayPritchett GoodOldDays GIFs

Well, I was able to sit down where the students sat since some weren't there. So *much* different perspective as our crew brought the funk to the south end. GBR !!!