All Is Not Lost (off topic)

aphilso1

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

This basketball season is lost.  No ifs, and, or buts about it.  But this is one of those days for me that puts life into context, and in a good way.

My wife and I have been foster parents to a joyful little boy for the last 678 days.  We've been in and out of the hospital with him with a variety of issues, among them two cranial reconstruction surgeries.  It's been a long, long journey, but in a few short hours he will be ADOPTED.  He is my son.  He is home forever, and we are eternally grateful.

So even though we're mired in the middle of the most Nebrasketball-ish Nebrasketball season ever, all is not lost in my home today.  All is found.

I know the feeling! My wife and I are having our first little one (girl) in a couple of months, and even though this basketball season has sucked - I still usually have a sh*t eating grin on my face most of the time for that reason. So happy for your family!

This is awesome. God-willing, my husband and I hope to someday get to expand our family by adoption, although I don't know how that will look for us (I'd prefer via foster care, but we've got our first biological little one on the way now too so who knows what comes down the road after that). But there's a special place in my heart for people who open their homes to the joy adoption can bring. It's amazing. All the best to you and your family!

4 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

This basketball season is lost.  No ifs, and, or buts about it.  But this is one of those days for me that puts life into context, and in a good way.

My wife and I have been foster parents to a joyful little boy for the last 678 days.  We've been in and out of the hospital with him with a variety of issues, among them two cranial reconstruction surgeries.  It's been a long, long journey, but in a few short hours he will be ADOPTED.  He is my son.  He is home forever, and we are eternally grateful.

So even though we're mired in the middle of the most Nebrasketball-ish Nebrasketball season ever, all is not lost in my home today.  All is found.

Congratulations!! It's always nice to get re-directed to the things which are of transcendent importance.