Nebraska football 2019-2020

Huskerpapa

I have not read it anywhere other than in a New York publication (but perhaps I have simply missed it) but the New York Giants appear to have hired Mike Dawson as their linebacker coach.  He has been our D-line coach this past year.  

Big loss as I thought he did a pretty decent job developing players in his one year here.

17 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I will actually be very surprised if he is released of his scholarship over this.

I would agree with this to an extent and could see it.  It sounds as though we knew about it prior to now.  What will help him is that he is only involved in sending the video, and he didn't mass distribute it.  It was only to the girl in the video.

What will hurt him however is that the national media has now picked it up.  In today's day and age it's a lot of "make decisions now and ask questions later" when it comes to incidents like this.  With the #MeToo movement continuing to move full steam ahead, I could see the Huskers taking a conservative move and letting him go as well.

46 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I would agree with this to an extent and could see it.  It sounds as though we knew about it prior to now.  What will help him is that he is only involved in sending the video, and he didn't mass distribute it.  It was only to the girl in the video.

What will hurt him however is that the national media has now picked it up.  In today's day and age it's a lot of "make decisions now and ask questions later" when it comes to incidents like this.  With the #MeToo movement continuing to move full steam ahead, I could see the Huskers taking a conservative move and letting him go as well.

SF did a lot of talk about not disrespecting women, and said if he found out a kid was acting like that, he would not be recruited. If SF didn't know about it, I would expect Mo gone. If he did, well things get sticky - and I'll be massively disappointed that he broke his rule the 1st freaking recruiting cycle. 

9 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Seems like a pretty weak statement. So we're supposed to believe they didn't follow up when officials in Cali wanted to interview him about a prior incident? What?

California has some unique laws compared to most other states, so I don't know if that plays a factor, or even applies, at all.

At the very, very least he is guilty of extremely bad judgment.  Hey, I am not a product of the environment that he grew up in and I also understand that this took place a few years ago...but still.  This apparently is a felony.  I can certainly see us releasing him.  But again, we only know what is being presented, I guess time will tell.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

What's wrong with our players? Now there's two players getting misdemeanor charges for using stolen credit card information to order pizza.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/two-husker-football-players-cited-for-ordering-pizza-with-stolen/article_b43b4b54-3ac8-5f1e-b87e-2f349bd019fb.html

Not sure what goes through kid's minds at that age.  I mean you gotta know you will get caught, right?

On February 14, 2019 at 8:27 AM, Huskerpapa said:

Not sure what goes through kid's minds at that age.  I mean you gotta know you will get caught, right?

My son said that it has something to do with a food ordering app.. They used one other players card to order pizza, he let them use it, and some how some numbers got mixed up and the card came back as stolen.

Guess it will be cleared up soon if true.

3 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

My son said that it has something to do with a food ordering app.. They used one other players card to order pizza, he let them use it, and some how some numbers got mixed up and the card came back as stolen.

Guess it will be cleared up soon if true.

If true, the retraction will not gain as much attention as the original story.  Too bad for those kids, if true.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey we won today...but then again, we lost.today as well.  

Okay all joking aside, I really wasn't that impressed, but it was simply a practice.  Yes, there were good things, and yes, putting limitations on the QB's greatly limits the offense.  The defense also had moments.  But one walks away wanting more.  I have increased expectations and will simply need to wait until the team is present (in total) in the fall and see how things shake out.

5 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I hear luke Mac did well.

I guess it is all relative.  QB's wore green jersey's (rightly so).  Since they couldn't get hit, it is hard to gauge.  I do believe we have much better depth, and we certainly looked bigger.  It was hard to really project speed. 

I think people have to listen to the coaches.  They have provided honest evaluations which includes the comment that we still have a ways to go to get to where we need to be.  So the trip continues and from a positive perspective, we are on the right track.  

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Caleb Lightbourne is transferring. Not surprising since he lost his spot to a walk on

Yeah, his 20 + yard punt in the spring game was likely not the send off that he wanted. 

Listen the kid came in expecting to redshirt.  Then, the unthinkable occurred and he was thrust into a no-win situation following the untimely death of Sam.  I wish him well.