New floor

Huskerpapa

Here is another observation.  We have a new coach; big news right?  The team(s) have to play on the floor.  When I played, certain floors added to the atmosphere and some seemed tight, others seemed massive.  Yet, in most cases, the actual floor sizes were identical.

Point being, we have two coaches who should have a say in how the court looks and feels.  If one or both say, I have no wants or wishes, then fine.  But if the coaches want a certain uniqueness, then let that quirk be part of the floor. 

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Here is another observation.  We have a new coach; big news right?  The team(s) have to play on the floor.  When I played, certain floors added to the atmosphere and some seemed tight, others seemed massive.  Yet, in most cases, the actual floor sizes were identical.

Point being, we have two coaches who should have a say in how the court looks and feels.  If one or both say, I have no wants or wishes, then fine.  But if the coaches want a certain uniqueness, then let that quirk be part of the floor. 

We would want a floor that will speed up the opponent because that's how we will want to play

3 hours ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

The old floor will be used at a trade-in for the new floor to be refurbished and resold (maybe to a smaller school?).

https://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/arena-purchasing-new-basketball-floor-fans-will-weigh-in-on/article_b6171282-2f48-5e61-a57e-eb0c9ccc8487.html

Ah, bummer! It would’ve been cool to have been able to buy a piece. Oh well. 

I fully understand that #3 is going to win in a landslide.  But I must say I think it's just too busy...too much stuff going on.  #2 is my personal favorite, but even that would be better with a smaller center court logo.

#1 looks too much like Wisconsin's court.

#2 is the best of the lot, but could be improved.

#3 is going to win the popular vote by a massive landslide.

#4 is the worst one, not really any different than the old one.

3 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

2 & 3 are the only ones worth considering anyway. 

I'm dumb because I like #4.  I know it's similar to the court we have now, but I like our current court.  I like the big block N too.  I'm old school in that I like "Cornhuskers" instead of just Huskers.   So I've never been a huge fan of the "Huskers" script logo.

Yes, I realize I'm in the minority on this....

Edited by Klas3131