New floor

Huskerpapa

Looks like we will be getting a new floor at the PBA next season.  In March the fans will get an opportunity to chime in on the design as well.  Perhaps this is old news, but I just ran across this article in the LJS.

https://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/arena-purchasing-new-basketball-floor-fans-will-weigh-in-on/article_b6171282-2f48-5e61-a57e-eb0c9ccc8487.html

3 minutes ago, SkerBall said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the script huskers at mid-court. I like that look, maybe inside the state outline.

Image result for bob devaney center basketball floor

This is the court I grew up with. (Man the three point arc and basketball at the free throw line were so cartoonish)

I actually miss the Bob Devaney Sports Center, in a lot of ways. There were no suites, no accoutrements --- just all basketball. Well, now, it's different; but I still like the Bob.

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm really not a fan of *giant* logos on the court. Pretty much the entire SEC jumped on this trend and it makes me want to watch those games even less.

Exactly! Reminds me of the last court design we had toward the end of the Big 12/beggining of Big 10. Gigantic “N”. Texas and Texas A&M also both had huge state outlines and Kansas had that gigantic Jayhawk in the middle. 

0298B2B5-29D9-47B9-A076-F47ADE714F65.jpeg

13 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm really not a fan of *giant* logos on the court. Pretty much the entire SEC jumped on this trend and it makes me want to watch those games even less.

Not to mention that ridiculous Jayhawk that takes up most of the court at Allen Field-house.  

Just Pleeze no white court or fancy stuff. TCU's court last night looked like a tabletop hockey game my kids once got for Christmas. An interesting sidelight: Jimmy once had tickets to sit courtside at the old Garden about where Ainge is sitting in the above photo. Celtics beat the Rick Pitino Knicks that night even though Bird didn't play. We even slipped a quarter into one of the cracks between the parquet after the game.

29 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Just Pleeze no white court or fancy stuff. TCU's court last night looked like a tabletop hockey game my kids once got for Christmas. An interesting sidelight: Jimmy once had tickets to sit courtside at the old Garden about where Ainge is sitting in the above photo. Celtics beat the Rick Pitino Knicks that night even though Bird didn't play. We even slipped a quarter into one of the cracks between the parquet after the game.

Holy cow Jimmy, the things we learn about you!!!  You vandalized an NBA court?  What is the statute of limitations on that crime?  ?

17 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I'm gonna go ahead and take the credit for this blowing up.

But yet we want to be taken as a serious basketball program.   Hell do this and then maybe we can have all the players come out of the tunnel in one really small car.

Not mad at you Rifle, but was forsed to listen to these asshats yesterday talking about why this is the best idea.. if we can't even get the local guys to care about the basketball program here, how are we going to ever be any good.

Okay sorry for raining on the parade this whole talk on his show yesterday just pissed me off.

Edited by Silverbacked1