i'd like to see this starting lineup. smallball.

FredsSlacks

watson, allen, palmer, nana, roby

this lineup is our best chance to score over 60 points imo. all these guys can run the floor and are willing shooters. 

tanner and roby in the game together take up too much space in the paint on offense. too easy to guard.

start out the game by running and gunning with the 5 guys i mentioned above then rotate thor/tanner/harris in as needed.

just my opinion and something i'd like to see because whatever we're doing now is simply not working.

Edited by TimSmiles

7 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

We should be hoisting 40 three pointers a game the way things are going. On a real lucky night we could maybe hit 15 

we definitely need to be adopting the d'antoni rockets philosophy. obviously we aren't as talented as them, but our only chance to win is to make a lot of 3s and open up the driving lanes to attack the hoop. we take some really bad mid range shots that need to be 3s instead. roby is the perfect small ball center. i'm not sure why we've been playing him at the 4 since copeland went out. bring tanner off the bench instead of starting 2 big guys.

Edited by TimSmiles

8 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

we definitely need to be adopting the d'antoni rockets philosophy. obviously we aren't as talented as them, but our only chance to win is to make a lot of 3s and open up the driving lanes to attack the hoop. we take some really bad mid range shots that need to be 3s instead. roby is the perfect small ball center. i'm not sure why we've been playing him at the 4 since copeland went out. bring tanner off the bench instead of starting 2 big guys.

Well you can’t succeed in the BIG w out a legit post defender and tanners our closest thing to that. I think no matter what we try it’s over. A real shame. 

36 minutes ago, royalfan said:

harris?  no thanks

Palmer and Watson provide an intriguing and painful conundrum for Miles as all three head out the door.

They've all three given their hearts to the program (along with Borchardt), and they've all had a limited degree of success here — and by "limited," I mean as much as any player or coach has had since Lue and Nee took off nearly 20 years ago. So do you give them fewer minutes? It's not like Miles is indebted to the program at this point that he feels it's important to HIM to play younger players in place of more proven players, especially because any demotion will not improve team morale, and it would really cast a pall on the March 9 Senior Day against Iowa, the one and only game that I consider a "must win" from here on out.

In short, yeah, Miles could adopt a WTF attitude and do some unexpected things with the rotation, but it could actually make things worse and tarnish whatever small legacy the seniors will be leaving.