This Next One is a Must Win

HuskerFever

On 2/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, bkamler said:

Watson has never been a point guard in my opinion. He dribbles aimlessly at the top of the key. When he does drive he is out of control and does not see his open teammates.

At the end of the first half I told my wife that Watson will dribble the clock out to about 8 seconds then either jack up a desparate off balance three or drive wildly. He drove all the way under the basket and then out to the free throw line where his wild shot was blocked. He he did not see two or three wide open teammates on this predictable journey.

On the other hand Thor is always driving and looking for an open teammate but I noticed in his 17 minutes he seldom touched the ball as Watson, Palmer or Allen started with the ball. If Thor is in the game he needs the ball to distribute because his shooting ability is not good.

I apologize for switching the discussion to basketball ....

I reread this about Watson and began thinking, always a mistake. Glynn came in a highly ranked recruit, and look how he ended up. This might be one of Miles' biggest failures: Glynn never became a point guard to lead a team. Would another coach have played him off ball? Or actually developed him to become a point guard? Or benched him in favor of somebody who would have run the team? Too bad that this is where he ended up. Seems like a great kid, definitely talented, but his career will end in disappointment.

4 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I apologize for switching the discussion to basketball ....

I reread this about Watson and began thinking, always a mistake. Glynn came in a highly ranked recruit, and look how he ended up. This might be one of Miles' biggest failures: Glynn never became a point guard to lead a team. Would another coach have played him off ball? Or actually developed him to become a point guard? Or benched him in favor of somebody who would have run the team? Too bad that this is where he ended up. Seems like a great kid, definitely talented, but his career will end in disappointment.

With PGs it’s hard for a coach to have you develop the “it” factor. We see it in a PG like Edwards. Great passer, great court vision, and above all, great confidence. Glynns inability to develop into a quality PG even after playing 4 years is more of a result of Glynn’s weak mental state than it is Miles coaching ability. 

I truly believe that if Xavier Johnson would’ve came here Glynn would’ve slowly developed into the 2 guard role and Xavier would’ve started by this time in the season. He has that “it” factor that can’t be taught by coaching.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:36 AM, Dead Dog Alley said:

Top 40 Teams by Final AP Cumulative Rankings, 2008-2014, with overall wins and losses, winning percentage, total number of seasons with 11 wins or more, best season record in that time, worst season record in that time, and best final AP ranking.

AP Cum. Rk Team W L WL% # 11 win seasons Max Wins Best Record Worst Record Best AP Final

37 Nebraska 66 28 0.702 0 10 10-4 9-4 14

When you order by WL% Nebraksa is at #15. When you order by total wins Nebraska is tied for #12.

When you order by Worst Record from best to worst Nebraska is #3 only behind Alabama and Oregon. Only 32% teams had 7 consecutive seasons with winning records.

The flight is overbooked.  You take out the cursed monkey paw in your pocket

* I wish I could get on this flight *

The paw moves.  The airline calls your name and has your ticket.  You spend the next 6 hours on the runway in the middle seat of a plane where two people are arguing about post coach Tom Osborne Nebraska football the entire time.

5 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The flight is overbooked.  You take out the cursed monkey paw in your pocket

* I wish I could get on this flight *

The paw moves.  The airline calls your name and has your ticket.  You spend the next 6 hours on the runway in the middle seat of a plane where two people are arguing about post coach Tom Osborne Nebraska football the entire time.

Upvoted because it's true.  I had no intention of this threadjacking.