uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 23 - vs Maryland

uneblinstu

Say what you may about Nick Bahe, hell of an interview on his show right now with Kugler talking about last night. Kugler describing fans yelling obscenities at Miles as well as a fan coming over from courtside seats to heckle Mark Turgeon and call Fernando a POS after the game. That’s not a great look.

40 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Actually both Glynn and James seem to have altered their shots and foot positioning since the beginning of the season.  I am not sure why, and I am unsure why they haven't seen it on film.  But you are 1000% right.  If you are practicing bad habits, then you are reinforcing those bad habits.  You have change the behavior or habit, and then reinforce those changes.  

On another note, what has happened to our player spacing.  We seem so clogged up, that any drive to the key is a mucked up mess.  

It is really quite something and speaks to how critical Smith was at the X and O portion of the game.  Hell, he was even able to create a more functional offense than this mess when the only options were a Gallegos trey or Talley making some kind of play up against the shot clock.  

1 minute ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Say what you may about Nick Bahe, hell of an interview on his show right now with Kugler talking about last night. Kugler describing fans yelling obscenities at Miles as well as a fan coming over from courtside seats to heckle Mark Turgeon and call Fernando a POS after the game. That’s not a great look.

Yeah, I realize that we are all upset, but that's a terrible look for the program as a whole.  Just another reason for a new coach to point out why they don't want to come here.  Why go somewhere where the fans treat you like that when things aren't going your way?

Just now, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Classless fans can stay the efff home. I’m as frustrated, sad, and even angry as the next. I cut out of work early, busted my tail to go pick up my son, skipped dinner, sped down I-80 to Lincoln, parked up by the baseball field, and walked for ten minutes in the freezing cold to see ineptness and sloppy play. But I’m going to do it again. I did it under BC and DS, and I’ll do it again. But anyone who takes pleasure in seeing someone fail, lose their job, affecting families and kids, and then spouts off as a keyboard/twitter warrior calling Miles a POS and a loser, needs to look themselves in the mirror and ask “why am I a verified d-bag??” 

Spot. Fricking. On.  Sometimes I think people forget that these are 18-22 year old dudes who give it all to play a game so that we can watch.  Sometimes I think people forget that these are coaches with families.  Sometimes I think that people don't think that it hurts them just as much as it hurts us.  I guarantee you that players feel 10 times worse than us.  I mean damn.  Our head coach was almost in tears for the guys after the game.  At the end of the day... that's all this is to us as fans... a game.  It's not fun when someone is about to lose their job.  It's not fun for players to lose the games.  It sucks for everyone involved.  Not just us as fans.

1 hour ago, royalfan said:

watson shot not going to get better if shooting with sidespin and wrong form.  

Watson was squaring up and really using his legs at the beginning of the year. Form looked way better than anything we have seen from him. Way more arch. Now he's reverted back to a flat, step back shot all the time.

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

On another note, what has happened to our player spacing.  We seem so clogged up, that any drive to the key is a mucked up mess.  

No need to even cover anyone outside the restricted area the way we are shooting. Doesn't leave much room to operate inside unless Tanner can get a good seal.

16 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Team is shooting poorly + Tanner isn't an outside threat = camping in the lane

Yep.  It's easy to defend when you can let us stand out around the perimeter and chuck up threes because you know we aren't going to make them.

Hell, sometimes we actually don't even look to shoot.  How many open shots did we pass up last night only to drive and take a bad shot later in the shot clock?  A theme of the past five games.

14 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Yep.  It's easy to defend when you can let us stand out around the perimeter and chuck up threes because you know we aren't going to make them.

Hell, sometimes we actually don't even look to shoot.  How many open shots did we pass up last night only to drive and take a bad shot later in the shot clock?  A theme of the past five games.

A theme of the past 7 years actually.

Actually you could go back much farther than that...but we have never had enough shooters.  Miles simply could not develop a kids shot or did not put enough emphasis on recruiting shooters.  He recruited athletes that did some things well but you become very easy to defend if you can't hit a jump shot. 

The funny thing to me about all this Miles getting fired talk (which seems inevitable and warranted) is i lowkey think we would be sneaky good next year.

Seems like every year that Miles has a roster influxed with new faces AND talent  (both of which next years team would have imo) he surprises people. His biggest downfall is not being able to follow up a successful season with another successful season.

Thoughts on that?

38 minutes ago, khoock said:

The funny thing to me about all this Miles getting fired talk (which seems inevitable and warranted) is i lowkey think we would be sneaky good next year.

Seems like every year that Miles has a roster influxed with new faces AND talent  (both of which next years team would have imo) he surprises people. His biggest downfall is not being able to follow up a successful season with another successful season.

Thoughts on that?

I don't know, I just done't know.  I was encouraged with a few of the players coming in; but the lack of power players, and as importantly, depth at the power positions have been a living curse.  If we get them, we can't keep them, or they haven't developed with very few exceptions, right?  

Duby - Grad transfer

Jordy - left

MJ - left

Morrow - left

Hammond - left

Moses - Grad transfer

Leslee - Juco

Walt - Transfer, left early

Cope - Transfer

Isaiah - Recruit

2 hours ago, khoock said:

Thoughts on that?

Give me a transfer Big and I think we have something as well next year.  Guards could be sneaky really good with another year of Allen under his belt.  However, we can't afford to lose any pieces.